New system? checked & changed your insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
:eek: I wonder if some of the more experienced Geeks can answer my question.

When I trained I was told that your insurance only covers any work with a system that you have trained with and passed (ie got a certificate) otherwise you won't be covered, so don't be tempted to do an L&P application if you are only trained in gel for instance.....

Now is this correct? - I would assume so, and it seems logical, and I will be checking my insurance out tonight...

And I wonder do you gals that have recently disovered a new system then go on a course to get your diploma/certification or are you just using this because certain companies will sell willy nilly and you feel as a competant techician your skills are what counts:?:

Please dont be mad at this direct question - but reading between the lines on some threads this is going on :o

Thought I would bump this up as I too would like to know if you are covered by your insurance if you don't get a certificate for a new system... i.e. I did the FDFC in L&P and say I wanted to try Brisa or Fabric# and just bought the kits without going on the course.... would I be covered?

Tamm, think you need to ask your insurance co..they are the ones who will or wont pay out at the end of the day

Fab Freak said:
Tamm, think you need to ask your insurance co..they are the ones who will or wont pay out at the end of the day
Yeah you're right of course...... I'm with Professional Beauty so will give them a call... was just curious whether you any of you guys had any probs in this regard?

Mani-fique! said:
Yeah you're right of course...... I'm with Professional Beauty so will give them a call... was just curious whether you any of you guys had any probs in this regard?
Hi Tamm: if you do give Professional Beauty a call can you let us all know what they say coz i'm sure a lot of us are insured with them.

Well... I gave Professional Beauty a call and they said that my certificate (from my FDFC) does not specify which system.. it just says Enhancement Foundation Course.... Also I looked on the insurance certificate and that also does not specify a system.... so..... I would be covered. Particularly as the course I did was a foundation course and not just product based...

Hope that helps any other peeps who were wondering...

I think its a bit of a moot point that an insurance company could always use to get out of paying if they wanted to! Let's face facts (sorry for anybody who was an insurer in a previous life!) any old excuse not to pay out!!!

I'd want it in writing - not just over the phone!

Sorry to be so cynical, for one so young :lol: :o

Fab Freak said:
I'd want it in writing - not just over the phone!

Sorry to be so cynical, for one so young :lol: :o
My point exactly! ;)

Hi ya, ive just received my insurance cover certificate from Professional Beauty but when i phoned them i enquired about what insurance to get the nail technician or beauty as im planning to do other courses i told them that i am doing an ear piercing course in July and should i get the beauty one but they said no i need to get the nail technician cover only because i actually havent got a certificate yet in piercing but when i do then i have to ring them and they will change my cover and ill have to pay the extra 10 pound (i think that was how much it is) any way in short lol! you can only get insurance for the certificates you hold, so if you didnt hold a certificate for l&p only gel yet you were doing l&p and someone tried to sue you, the insurance wouldnt cover you.

Kellyc said:
Hi ya, ive just received my insurance cover certificate from Professional Beauty but when i phoned them i enquired about what insurance to get the nail technician or beauty as im planning to do other courses i told them that i am doing an ear piercing course in July and should i get the beauty one but they said no i need to get the nail technician cover only because i actually havent got a certificate yet in piercing but when i do then i have to ring them and they will change my cover and ill have to pay the extra 10 pound (i think that was how much it is) any way in short lol! you can only get insurance for the certificates you hold, so if you didnt hold a certificate for l&p only gel yet you were doing l&p and someone tried to sue you, the insurance wouldnt cover you.
Hi Kells: they're not talking about different systems they are talking about using different products to the ones you were trained with. For example i trained with Star Nails but if i moved to using Creative products we're not sure if i'd be covered - does that make sense?

Carole Lindsay said:
Hi Kells: they're not talking about different systems they are talking about using different products to the ones you were trained with. For example i trained with Star Nails but if i moved to using Creative products we're not sure if i'd be covered - does that make sense?

Oh right sorry my misunderstanding, i dont think it matters what products you use, i wouldnt have thought that would effect the insurance but i may be wrong, they dont enquire about what products you use its just whether you are qualified to do that system especially with the way trends change and products being updated constantly. Obviously if you did a conversion course you would be covered because you would have the certificate.

Fab Freak said:
:eek: I wonder if some of the more experienced Geeks can answer my question.

When I trained I was told that your insurance only covers any work with a system that you have trained with and passed (ie got a certificate) otherwise you won't be covered, so don't be tempted to do an L&P application if you are only trained in gel for instance.....

Now is this correct? - I would assume so, and it seems logical, and I will be checking my insurance out tonight...

And I wonder do you gals that have recently disovered a new system then go on a course to get your diploma/certification or are you just using this because certain companies will sell willy nilly and you feel as a competant techician your skills are what counts:?:

Please dont be mad at this direct question - but reading between the lines on some threads this is going on :o

Sorry Carole i was responding to this thread, didnt see the thread that Tamm had put or wasnt reading it properly lol!!!

its like waxing i have a depilation certificate but can do in hot wax, warm wax and was taught using pot and spatula but going mobile using phd doent matter wat products u use but i would have thought if your taught l&p your are insured for fibre glass im prb wrong just my opinion but i would do the conversion courses

I would definatly check this out properly Professional beauty r right in what they say about only being insured when u produce a certificate i am insured with the guild and they r excatly the same but i can see the point in being told creative certificates does not say which system we have trained in, so in theory if u do fibreglass on client and it goes wrong and u have only trained with l&p and she wants to sue the insurance company will question what system u traine with and if its not fibreglass bet your bottom doller u wont be covered. Safest bet do the conversion coures so u r covered properly. This is just what i think. Also reading the thread about waxing i am only trained to use clean & easy waxing not pot & spatula method so i,m only covered insurance wise for clean & easy htms hth

Oh boy this is getting well confusing!:confused: I think I'm gonna phone them again tomorrow and get a specific answer and get them to put it in writing...... I thought I'd got it sussed when I phoned Professional Beauty earlier but now I'm not so sure....

hi jackie i done a vtct in waxing warm waxing is all the same no matter wat system u use i done hot waxing as well but that is not on your certificate but im insured for it u will be able to use pot and phd and hot wax as a depilation certificate covers all types of temporary hair removal.xx

Kellyc said:
Sorry Carole i was responding to this thread, didnt see the thread that Tamm had put or wasnt reading it properly lol!!!
Dont be sorry Kells, it was me that managed to read the entire thread wrong not you!!!!!!!!!!! I feel such a twit, lmho!

Hi guys, i would say you would habve to have certificates in whatever system you want to practise on clients, so if a problem arose then the insurance company would probably want to see your certificatesm to verify what you've been trained in, so if you've got a certificate in it your covered.

Definately get confirmation in writing though as this is the only way you've got back up. Insurance companies will try every trick in the book to get out of paying, they would as its their money.

Trust you Carole to get it arse about face....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back