New tattoo and spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonirooneyx

Reaction score
My partners mum is due to get a new tattoo done but she has asked me to do a spray tan on her. Am i better doing her spray tan before her new tattoo or would it be okay to do after? x

I asked this a few weeks ago use the search tool and the thread will come up I can't put a link on as on phone!

I'd say before. A tattoo is a wound and we are not meant to spray an open wound.

When my sister had her tattoo, I covered it in vaseline first.

Hth.

I'd say before. A tattoo is a wound and we are not meant to spray an open wound.

When my sister had her tattoo, I covered it in vaseline first.

Hth.

Do you mind if I jump in and ask what we are actually supposed to do when there is an open wound? On previous threads it has said avoid the area or don't spray them. How do we avoid the area and how big does the wound have to be to justify avoiding it? Ie is a cold sore ok to spray over? A little cut from a razor? (had this the other day, she always shaves just before even tho she knows she shouldn't) What happens if the person doesn't want you to avoid it, do you spray over it? I'm confused at how to actually deal with this situation!

I did my training on Friday it shouldn't be sprayed as the solution is not sterile and therefore could cause infection. The client should be made aware of the risk if they still wish to go ahead then it should be documented on their client consultation card and both parties sign then there is no come back on you. X
:)

You are not allowed tan on when having a tattoo done, I did it when I had my foot done and they scrubed it off makin my skin a bit swore!! I wouldn't do it after either unless u covered the area x

I was told before I went for my tattoo to have all tan scrubbed off the area. Before I tanned I just spread a little Bepanthon (which they reccomended for healing the tattoo) on the tatt with a cotton bud so it wasnt a massive white patch, you hardly noticed it with the tattoo. HTH xox

I had a girl wanting a tan last week, she'd had a tattoo the week before which wasnt healed, but was also quite intricate. I advised her I cant spray until its healed due to infection, or we can put barrier cream over it, which she didnt want to do as it was quite big on her arm and would show up alot.

Im tanning her as soon as its healed.
x

Latest posts

Back