New Tech - Q of the Day Re: Trenching?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Tech

Reaction score
:D
I hope everyone had a fantastic Weekend!

Would someone be so kind to explain to me what 'Trenching a Smile Line' is.....and how to do it??

Cheers!

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
I can explain it but I don't DO it ... I don't consider it necessary at all.

It is a rebalance technique that involves the use of a drill to remove the white from the tip and at the same time create a 'trench' so that the tecnician can add new white powder to cover the re-growth of the natural nail and keep the 'french' thing going.

Much easier to thin the product down over the regrowth area and zone 2 with normal filing and just add a new smile line where needed and blend the new white into the existing white product that is still there.

Work smarter not harder!!

Hollyballoo

Truly, Madly Geeky...
Reaction score
geeg said:
I can explain it but I don't DO it ... I don't consider it necessary at all./quote]

...and absolutely terrifying to to me :pale: !! Must admit, I've been tempted by the notion that drills can be far quicker but I just don't have the stomach for it no matter how much training I got...I'd rather stick with my hand file and buff my way through a mountain of product if I had to!

Belle De Jour

Reaction score
do you know what holly i think you hit the nail on the head :shock: i to think the thought of doing this with an electric file knocks me sick lol no doubt if you have the proper training your confidence would increase but i just worry i would do some nasty damage in the process lol (joking aside! i think you should only be able to purchase a drill if you have had some training a bit like with some of the creative products!) give me a hand file any day of the week!
nickki jonesx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts