New Tech - Q of the Day Re: Trenching?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Tech

Reaction score
:D
I hope everyone had a fantastic Weekend!

Would someone be so kind to explain to me what 'Trenching a Smile Line' is.....and how to do it??

Cheers!

I can explain it but I don't DO it ... I don't consider it necessary at all.

It is a rebalance technique that involves the use of a drill to remove the white from the tip and at the same time create a 'trench' so that the tecnician can add new white powder to cover the re-growth of the natural nail and keep the 'french' thing going.

Much easier to thin the product down over the regrowth area and zone 2 with normal filing and just add a new smile line where needed and blend the new white into the existing white product that is still there.

Work smarter not harder!!

geeg said:
I can explain it but I don't DO it ... I don't consider it necessary at all./quote]

...and absolutely terrifying to to me :pale: !! Must admit, I've been tempted by the notion that drills can be far quicker but I just don't have the stomach for it no matter how much training I got...I'd rather stick with my hand file and buff my way through a mountain of product if I had to!

do you know what holly i think you hit the nail on the head :shock: i to think the thought of doing this with an electric file knocks me sick lol no doubt if you have the proper training your confidence would increase but i just worry i would do some nasty damage in the process lol (joking aside! i think you should only be able to purchase a drill if you have had some training a bit like with some of the creative products!) give me a hand file any day of the week!
nickki jonesx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back