new tips with deep smile. please give me critique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettierae

Reaction score
they look nice, but they look kinda oversized/wide (some call it "hippy"), perhaps this is where you have tried to preserve the deep smile line.
Nice finish on them though.

It's an interesting look considering I have never seen natural smile lines this deep. It's much more a competition look.

They do look nice, agree with Carl on the hippy bit...also on pic 4 i can see what looks like a bit of nat nail free edge on some of the nails...almost like the white tip isn't quite covering the nat smile line. I would class these more a comp nail than a salon nail. But there are clients that like this look, so well done x

You have done a nice job for sure, but I do not like the look myself.

Too extreme, too unnatural and too fake looking. No natural nails look like these and natural not fake looking is what 90% of clients want.

Competition is competition ... not salon. Fun to try but we are working in the real world.

For the look you have tried to achieve you have done a splendid job but as I say, not real.

They do look nice, agree with Carl on the hippy bit...also on pic 4 i can see what looks like a bit of nat nail free edge on some of the nails...almost like the white tip isn't quite covering the nat smile line. I would class these more a comp nail than a salon nail. But there are clients that like this look, so well done x

Hi Hun

I agree with the girls on this one re the hippy bit etc.

On a personal note I love the deep smile lines and so do my clients.
(So were did you get the tips?):lol:

Very nice maybe narrow in more at the sides :)
Ez-flow do these very deep smile tips :)

i love these.i personally like the deep smile on myself.i would wear these exactly as they are,i also love the pattern its gorgeous.youve done a lovely job.well done.please tell us where you got them from?

i love deep smile lines like these but they do look a bit wide.

Beautiful shine

Hey there,

I really like them - and the nail art keeps it really classy, IMO.

Any longer and I'd say it may be over doing it, but the length is a great balance considering the deep smiles. Nails like these are all the rave around here, and I happen to like them also.

I think they're gorgeous. Only thing Id say is maybe the pinkie is a little long. Sometimes its hard to tell as you cant really compare it to the other nails. If you look at the white ratio and compare it with the other nails, you can see it's slightly longer. I always make my pinkies too long in fear of making them too short, lol

Nothing to worry about- you should be proud!

Great job!

I have never used these white tips,though I have got some to play with on Handy Mandy.
Do u have to blend at all or do you place them on and place your acrylic over the top without filing the tip?

I agree with what others have said re"hippy". Love your nail art..very nice touch. Nothing wrong with the fake look..can look lovely on the right nail beds..as you ahve proved. Just watch out for french rebalance time..will you be able to duplicate the deep smile for your model? If they are on your own..then no prob!

hi thanks for your advice and comments. its funny when i do a set they dont look hippy, but the moment they are photographed they look an inch wide! i wouldnt use these on any client just ones with lovely long nail beds. it was my sister so i coudl have a good play. they are the new french perfection from star nails. not my usual brand but i do like them. thanks again for your help and advice. Rachael XX

i think you've done a great job, love the nail art too.

Well done, not all clients want the natural look and there is a specific sector who demand this look, I'm sure they would be chuffed to receive these xx

I really like them, I have got some tips with the deep smile lines, I use them on myself and my clients and they all love them too. Good job, well done :).

I really like them, way to long for me to wear though!!

hi hun.....think you done great job love the nail art xxx

personally...i love the fake look..but i do know that most clients want something natural =]
good job though they look perfect.
x.

I think you did a FAB job! If I saw those on a stranger, I would automatically assume they were done by a very good tech. I personally really like the deep smile look, but sometimes natural is nice too.
I think it is WRONG to assume 90% of clients prefer natural looking nails. Why are the colored tips/glitter all the rage? Around here I see girls with pink nail beds and any color but white on the free edge.

I think that the "natural looking" is best attitude is a little conservative. Just like makeup, bright red lips and dark lined eyes are not "natural" but very striking, and stylish. They have their place. Some women want that statement, and some don't. So in this sense, I think the deep smiles have a place. They are striking and make a statement. I also think they make the nails look elegant. They are like bright red lipstick or smokey, dark lined eyes...they POP! I personally don't want nails that look 100% natural, because they are a little plain and short. Who cares if people know they're fake, thats like saying "HEY! YOUR HAIR COLOR ISN'T REAL!" Who cares. As long as it looks good.

I think the nails you did are nearly perfect! Even the "hippiness" others talk about is barely noticable, so just take them in ever so slightly and they're perfect! GREAT JOB!

i think they look nice...I'm not a fan of the white tips....especially with short nail beds...but yours look nice to me...not so natural look but there is peeps asking for that look!!:hug:

Latest posts

Back