New to acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
Hello so I qualified in acrylics in May, it was I think around 3 long days and we got given a booklet with everything in it for use after the course. The problem is, I work in a salon and I’ve not been doing a lot of sets. I went through a phase around July time of doing set after set and although I wasn’t perfect I could see the progress. Then no one booked in, so lost some confidence and tbh I should of practiced on my hand more but I’ve been so busy, then the other day a lady came in asking for them. I asked the receptionist if she could explain that I haven’t been qualified for very long and it won’t be up to “perfect” standard. The lady asked if I’ve done them before and the receptionist explained that I have and I have a good experience in other aspects of nails such as gels. So she goes oh great and waited 20 min for me. She wanted french (eeek) I attempted with the acrylic and I said if at any time you don’t like the french let me know so I don’t do the full set. She went on to say how she couldn’t tell I’m newly qualified, they look great, then happily pays the amount. Then I get pulled for a chat with my manager who says she’s complained about the shape of the nail, she is not happy with them..... it’s totally knocked my confidence, even if I explain I’m not perfect at them.... 😒

I really feel for you. How about practicing on friends and family at a reduced rate until you feel more confident. People are always looking for a cheap treatment. Good luck.

Some clients are like this, they infuriate me. I've got to the stage where I can smell it a mile off! You'll get like this too and grow a thick skin. They are either afraid to say that they don't like them because they don't want to hurt your feelings. But then go and rat on you! If she really didn't like them I suspect she would have said so at the time. I personally think she was just trying to pull a fast one and get a freebee, and you'll have many many more to follow. The good news is that once you have built your clientele you will never need to take on new clients (wild cards).

Nicky

Latest posts

Back