New to Koleston, advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoffinKate

Reaction score
Hi Salon Geek! Im new here!

I just joined after viewing all the valuable information on this site, and its so exciting to find a place for professionals to give advice! So heres my questions. I am trained in Redken color which is an American line. I have a friend who has level 5RR demi permanent color on her ends, about 6 weeks old and a level 6 outgrowth about 1 1/2 inches long. She wants to go darker and have a very very purple plum cast to her hair, using permanent color.

I purchased Wella Koleston Perfect color in 55/66 and was told to add Special Mix 0/65 to liven up the purple and make it really vibrant. She sent me a photo she found online of a girl with a very deep plum purple, but i'd imagine its vivid and bright in sunlight. I am just wondering if this combination will bring me close to what she wants?? And also which volume developer would you suggest to use? Perhaps 20 at the base and 10 on the porous lengths?

Any and all help is appreiciated, I'm new to this color line!

Thank you!!!!

u can't use 10 vol with permanent colour in koleston honey, I'm not sure what 5rr is, is it quiet red? I've never used redkin before :)

u can't use 10 vol with permanent colour in koleston honey, I'm not sure what 5rr is, is it quiet red? I've never used redkin before :)

Well your not supposed to lol

5rr would be 5/66

no 10vol with wella is only for toning and it's called pastel

Latest posts

Back