New to lashes and struggling!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emzjf87

Reaction score
Hi guys. I completed my training last Monday and have done some practice since. I really don’t want to quit but I’m finding it so hard. My model this morning had really fair lashes that I struggled to drop the lash on to even with magnifying glasses. She also had real fluttery eyes. Guess I’m just looking some words of encouragement to keep going. It truly is a difficult skill to master. On top of that I dropped my tweezers and the fine point curled up so they are now useless :(
Anyone going through anything similar.

Hey,
Firstly don’t panic, yes it’s a very hard skill to learn but keep practicing and I promise it will get better :)
Have you contacted your trainer, they should offer you support after the course to get you through this difficult stage? Xx

Hi guys. I completed my training last Monday and have done some practice since. I really don’t want to quit but I’m finding it so hard. My model this morning had really fair lashes that I struggled to drop the lash on to even with magnifying glasses. She also had real fluttery eyes. Guess I’m just looking some words of encouragement to keep going. It truly is a difficult skill to master. On top of that I dropped my tweezers and the fine point curled up so they are now useless :(
Anyone going through anything similar.

Man I remembered when I first learned, I honestly didn't think I would get it but just keep going! I used to throw fits in my head while I had a client and curse myself out for learning but I just kept doing it and now I lash about half of all my clients! ( I was just a hair stylist for 6/7 years before i learned lashes)

Once you learn it how they train you, you can tweak it to work better for you. I learned at a lash studio and HAD to do it their way but now im no longer there and I lash MY way. Its so much easier and faster!

Don't give up! Everyone has felt this way when starting on this journey! Lash extensions are tricky and hard to master so it will take a while to get used to it and during that process you will want to throw your tweezers away more than once, your shoulders will cease up and your hands will cramp. Everyone has been there!
Keep persevering and in between take a breather and most of all dont put yourself under pressure, it will get easier over time! x

When I was practicing lashes after day one of my course (you had to go back for the assessment a couple of weeks later) I really struggled. Then I realised it was just because I could not see properly. When I was doing the course they had Glamcor lights so I invested in one and it made such a difference! I just then kept practicing and eventually I got it. Don’t give up [emoji4]

I not long ago did an eyelash extension course and I had my first two clients yesterday and it was harder than I ever thought it would be however I am telling myself it will get easier like most things all it takes is practice and not to give up! [emoji4]

I feel your pain, I was struggling with glue but now I've found a glue that works for me I need now to perfect my technique. Its hard trying to see those fair lashes, I'm still not 100% but I will keep going as I love doing lashes and that's something i thought I'd never say. This is my 3rd paying client a fair haired lady too but managed this set in 2hours 10mins! Keep going we will get there x

Attachments

• 20190223_121211.jpg
    20190223_121211.jpg
    773.2 KB · Views: 35
If you have clients with fair lashes you can tint them and you would be amazed how many more lashes you can see once they are tinted. Alternatively use a marker and draw a line along the under eye gel pad and you will be able to see the blonde lashes against the dark line which will help too x

Hi All,

I recently did my classic lash training a few weeks ago and despite training with a really reputable brand and the training on the day was fab, I am also getting extremely frustrated with myself as I can’t seem to master it all! :(

I am in the process of doing my case studies and my feedback has been constructive but it’s mainly about isolation, which I am struggling to get the knack of! I’ve been reading lots of forums and researching tips and tricks, I’ve ordered a different style of tweezer for isolation so fingers crossed this may help.

Likewise, I am getting very upset and frustrated with myself that I can’t get it right but I just keep reminding myself that I only trained a couple of weeks ago and it can take years for some lash techs to become perfectionists in their work. We all have to keep going and reminding ourselves of this!

Any handy tips of tricks would be much appreciated. Good luck to you all starting out in the lash trade! X

Sometimes trying too hard can make it worse as you put yourself under pressure. Take your time and try different things. Even small things like holding the tweezers differently can make a difference or you can try a separator or a different tweezer for isolation. Some people prefer straight tweezers and some use angled and even then everyone has a different way of holding the tweezers so its a bit of trial and error to find out what would work best for you.
Don't get too disheartened or frustrated with yourself though, it is a very intricate treatment and it is natural that you feel like throwing the tweezers in the corner at times. Try and relax your shoulders and maybe leave it for a day or two and then start again and it will feel different. It does take time but eventually it will click x

Latest posts

Back