New to microblading and feeling totally deflated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyshack76

Reaction score
I have just completed my first model after my microblading course. I am feeling sooo deflated, anxious and really upset. I was not happy with the results and im pretty sure my friend wasn't aswell even though she didnt say. Did anyone else who is now successfully running a microblading businesses feel like this at the beginnig or should i give up straight away.

I just started the course last week and am completely overwhelmed. I’ve only filled in with ink and don’t think I’m very good at that so am terrified now!

I just started the course last week and am completely overwhelmed. I’ve only filled in with ink and don’t think I’m very good at that so am terrified now!
Thanks for your reply. Its so much to learn and so permanent that im now petrified of doing another model.
Where in Kent are you? Im also from Kent.

It is so permanent. I can’t seem to get the drawing right. Started my first assignment on the weekend, got to question 3 and I’m stuck. I live near Sidcup but did the course in Rochester.

Don’t give up everyone has to start somewhere [emoji173]️ just keep going & your work will improve & confidence will grow! Keep practising.. reading.. watching videos & it will all be worth it! I’ve been doing them almost a year now & was looking back through my work from the beginning [emoji7] crazy how much your work develops. Give it time & keep practicing [emoji16] xxx

It is so permanent. I can’t seem to get the drawing right. Started my first assignment on the weekend, got to question 3 and I’m stuck. I live near Sidcup but did the course in Rochester.
Have you completed many models yet?

Don’t give up everyone has to start somewhere [emoji173]️ just keep going & your work will improve & confidence will grow! Keep practising.. reading.. watching videos & it will all be worth it! I’ve been doing them almost a year now & was looking back through my work from the beginning [emoji7] crazy how much your work develops. Give it time & keep practicing [emoji16] xxx
Thanks. Im always critical of anything i do but im not sure i can do it if i feel like this after every client. I have bought some more latex to practice on but not sure i can xarry on.

Everyone feels like this in the beginning, and if they say differently they're lying!!! I've been microblading for 18 months now and have done 3 courses in it, and I still fell after every client i could do better. My 1st training didn't leaving me feeling overly confident so I trained again, practiced drawing the shape on everyone who'd Let me, practice on latex, bananas oranges!!! Take time getting the shape right as this is the first thing your client will notice. Remember going too light is better than going too deep and scarring someones face. Filling your strokes properly will ensure best retention, make sure to stretch the skin as much as possible and carefully fill every stroke 2 to 3 times. Stick with it and you'll get better with every model you do.

We've all been in the same boat hun, take your time, stretching the skin is very important, good lighting helps so mich. I've done 2 courses beacuse I didn't feel comfortable at first.

I have just completed my first model after my microblading course. I am feeling sooo deflated, anxious and really upset. I was not happy with the results and im pretty sure my friend wasn't aswell even though she didnt say. Did anyone else who is now successfully running a microblading businesses feel like this at the beginnig or should i give up straight away.

Hi
I came here and registered to ask exactly the same thing, I’m doing digital and have just completed my first brow case study model today.

I feel really rubbish, I’m sure I’ve gone a bit too deep in places and in the pictures I can see huge gaps (will be filled at retouch but it means 6 weeks with gappy brows). The shape needs a tweak and my strokes aren’t as clear as they should be, every tiny thing that’s wrong I’ve been staring at in the pictures, zooming in and making myself feel worse.

The lady went away happy (I think), but she may have just been too polite to say otherwise. I don’t know what to do. I’m not happy enough with it to put it on my Facebook/Instagram etc, but she'll be upset if I don't.

I really need this to work out, I’ve invested a fortune into it and it was supposed to be able to give up my regular job to do this full time, but right now I just can’t see it happening. I just want to cry. Argh :(

Everyone feels the same totally at the start I’ve done 3 courses and a semi permanent make up course and still
Practice on fake skin from drawing to blading don’t panic keep practising it will get better xx

Hi
I came here and registered to ask exactly the same thing, I’m doing digital and have just completed my first brow case study model today.

I feel really rubbish, I’m sure I’ve gone a bit too deep in places and in the pictures I can see huge gaps (will be filled at retouch but it means 6 weeks with gappy brows). The shape needs a tweak and my strokes aren’t as clear as they should be, every tiny thing that’s wrong I’ve been staring at in the pictures, zooming in and making myself feel worse.

The lady went away happy (I think), but she may have just been too polite to say otherwise. I don’t know what to do. I’m not happy enough with it to put it on my Facebook/Instagram etc, but she'll be upset if I don't.

I really need this to work out, I’ve invested a fortune into it and it was supposed to be able to give up my regular job to do this full time, but right now I just can’t see it happening. I just want to cry. Argh :(

I haven’t even started the course and i can already see myself feeling exactly the same as you describe I’m planning to start a microblading course with K B even though i have no experience in beauty industry at alllll and I’m so worried about how am I gonna get customers, if and when I’m gonna be able to pay off the small fortune that I’m gonna pay for the course, how and where am I going to sort out the place where I’m going to do it, how am I going to deal with the first “messed “ up brows etc . Pfffff so much to think about :)
As your post is a few months old now, just wanna ask you how r u standing now? Got any better or still the same? X

Everyone feels like this in the beginning, and if they say differently they're lying!!! I've been microblading for 18 months now and have done 3 courses in it, and I still fell after every client i could do better. My 1st training didn't leaving me feeling overly confident so I trained again, practiced drawing the shape on everyone who'd Let me, practice on latex, bananas oranges!!! Take time getting the shape right as this is the first thing your client will notice. Remember going too light is better than going too deep and scarring someones face. Filling your strokes properly will ensure best retention, make sure to stretch the skin as much as possible and carefully fill every stroke 2 to 3 times. Stick with it and you'll get better with every model you do.
who did you do your courses with?

We've all been in the same boat hun, take your time, stretching the skin is very important, good lighting helps so mich. I've done 2 courses beacuse I didn't feel comfortable at first.

Everyone feels the same totally at the start I’ve done 3 courses and a semi permanent make up course and still
Practice on fake skin from drawing to blading don’t panic keep practising it will get better xx

If your feeling this way I would maybe suggest to go back to where you did the course. Where did you learn? They should be able to offer you to go back for free to do some more practice. Keep at it, I get it can be daunting but so many people feel this way to start with. More practice will build your confidence

Latest posts

Back