New to nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura-sarah

Reaction score
Hello guys someone told me about this forum and im excited to get started in this new chapter of my life.

Due to covid-19 i have been made redundant, i am lucky to have an amazing family to help me follow my dreams of being a moible/home nail technician.

Im doing my course in july when the salons start to re open. I have been looking at courses for the last 3 weeks and there is so much to it my head is about to expload.

Im looking at doing a course with future in beauty and it is accredited by ABT. I was wondering if that is a good accreditation company.

Any any advice as being a beginner would be very helpfull

I already do gel polish nails for friends and family i have all the equipment, i am useing the brand halo and love it have over 35 colours but any advice would be so hepfull on this

Hi,

I am new too, so sorry you haven't had a response yet!

I guess it would depend on your local area, college and training providers near by, most are ABT accredited its just choosing a course that suits your availability and suitable for the treatments you want to provide.

Also most start with Manicure/Pedicure as a minimum whilst some such as a college course would cover this off over a longer period of time.

Hope that helps :)

Ideally, do a proper level 2 qualification (VTCT or City & Guilds) rather than short 1 day courses because without it, some nail techs can’t get a licence to operate from their local council. With Covid likely to be around for a while, I suspect that councils will get more strict rather than ease up on their regulations.

Hi! If you are interested in beauty, in the longer term, it may be worth doung a beauty course at college, which also includes nails usually. This way you will qualify in more than 1 area.

Latest posts

Back