New to pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgx

Reaction score
hi all i started my new job today in a beauty salon :lol:it was going great until i was asked to do a 30 min pedicure i had never done one before as i only do waxing gelish and tanning, but went ahead with it best i could anyway, the client later came back complaining i hadnt taken any of the dead skin off or massaged her feet while the polish was drying just wondering if any of you could give a steo by step guide to one as it kinda knocked my confidence thanx xxxx

If your salon wants you to do pedis, they should be paying for you to go on a course. Their insurance would be void if you're doing pedicures without training. Don't do any more until you're trained hun. You don't need to risk that. Say no!

hi all i started my new job today in a beauty salon :lol:it was going great until i was asked to do a 30 min pedicure i had never done one before as i only do waxing gelish and tanning, but went ahead with it best i could anyway, the client later came back complaining i hadnt taken any of the dead skin off or massaged her feet while the polish was drying just wondering if any of you could give a steo by step guide to one as it kinda knocked my confidence thanx xxxx

Have you covered pedicure in any of your training? If I do a mini pedi bout 30 mins, which is basically a file and paint there is no massage or hard skin removal, I would do this in a full pedi which would be around 45mins to an hour.... You shouldn't be doing treatments your not sure of, get the salon to show you what expect :)

this seems rather unfair on you by the salon, the salon should provide you with training to conduct such services or not book them for you?
as other members have mentioned you wont be insured for the service which is extremely important.

i basically just done nail prep for gelish and minx nothing more, i didnt even know i had been booked for a pedi but i felt in such a position as the client was there i just thought i cant go wrong but i did as i didnt get rid of the hard skin or massage her while the polish dryed :irked: so i have been trying to find out how to do it properly as the 1 hour pedi treatment is the full one with the foot socks etc x

i basically just done nail prep for gelish and minx nothing more, i didnt even know i had been booked for a pedi but i felt in such a position as the client was there i just thought i cant go wrong but i did as i didnt get rid of the hard skin or massage her while the polish dryed :irked: so i have been trying to find out how to do it properly as the 1 hour pedi treatment is the full one with the foot socks etc x

Don't worry about figure out how to do a pedi. You shouldn't be doing them. They put you in a really poor position. Maybe this isnt the kind of salon you want to work for? This could be a sign of things to come.

Sit down with your supervisor and explain that you can't be doing pedicures without training but you'd be more than happy to attend a course if they would like to send you on one.

She may not realize her insurance wont cover you.

ah thanx girls u made me feel so much easier about the whole sitituation i think being my first and all new day tomorrow and fresh start i think!!!:)

Have you covered pedicure in any of your training? If I do a mini pedi bout 30 mins, which is basically a file and paint there is no massage or hard skin removal, I would do this in a full pedi which would be around 45mins to an hour.... You shouldn't be doing treatments your not sure of, get the salon to show you what expect :)

Agreed, massage and hard skin removal is in the full pedi which is one hour in my salon.

And massage is carried out before the nails are painted.

If you've not had the training then the salon insurance won't cover you.

It sounds like you coped with a difficult situation and on your first day .. well done to you for that!!!

Jacqui xx

thanx for the messages but i comfronted my boss about it yesterday and she kinda turned into super bitch and started having a go at me about my cleaning standards and said im not fit to be in a salon!!!! so i just bite my tongue and got on with the day then later on in the day she TXTED me saying not to bother coming in the nxt day all because of her mistake making me do a pedicure gutted as u wud be i thought do i really want to work for some1 as horrible and unprofessional as her no so im thinking shes done me a favour!! onwards and upwards i guess!!!:lol:

Ouch very nasty situation for you. Well at least you know what she is like now rather than later on. You are better off without her. Deep breath, smile and find somewhere better. Good luck

Oh and texting is so unprofessional!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back