New to Spray Tanning - application advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzed_Beauty

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I did my Sienna X spray tanning course on Monday which i found to be great, however just have a qucik question.....

when i had my tan done on the course (using 10%) i was left with a dark yet lovely tan. I have since tanned 4 people in 10% and they have all said that it just gave them a glow as opposed to the dark colour that i had.

Now i know that we wont all have the same colour but they have all ended up with a light covering. could this be that i dont have my gun open enough?? I am using the maxi mist and fully closed i have marked at 6 o'clock. i have then opened my gun to say 1 o'clock. if i open my gun more, having a darker guide colour will this give my clients a darker tan colour??

Any advise would be greatly apprecaited!

Thanks

Hi Guys

I did my Sienna X spray tanning course on Monday which i found to be great, however just have a qucik question.....

when i had my tan done on the course (using 10%) i was left with a dark yet lovely tan. I have since tanned 4 people in 10% and they have all said that it just gave them a glow as opposed to the dark colour that i had.

Now i know that we wont all have the same colour but they have all ended up with a light covering. could this be that i dont have my gun open enough?? I am using the maxi mist and fully closed i have marked at 6 o'clock. i have then opened my gun to say 1 o'clock. if i open my gun more, having a darker guide colour will this give my clients a darker tan colour??

Any advise would be greatly apprecaited!

Thanks
Howm much solution are you using per body?

I'm prob using about 50ml.....maybe a little less. Do you think I need to open my gun and may be use a little more solution??

Have you been shaking the solution before using. I'm new to tanning too and I think it's important to give the bottle a really good shake before putting in canister.

HTH
Faith x

Try a heavier spray. I think its worthwhile doing a load of guinea pig clients at the begining - just charge around £10 until you get a feel for the gun and the spray. x

I'm prob using about 50ml.....maybe a little less. Do you think I need to open my gun and may be use a little more solution??

Once you have experiance behind you 50ml or less is fine ...although the second question to you is how far from the skin are you holding the gun...should be about 8 inches..if further away then to much overspray and not enough getting onto the skin....

thanks for the tips guys, i will defo shake the bottle before my next tan. im trying to keep my gun a hands length away from body, but thats easier said then done and im still trying to get used to my gun. i think you may be right in that im too far away and therefore there isnt enough goin on, so for now i think the charging £10 until i have cracked it is a fab idea!

thanks you so much guys!

thanks for the tips guys, i will defo shake the bottle before my next tan. im trying to keep my gun a hands length away from body, but thats easier said then done and im still trying to get used to my gun. i think you may be right in that im too far away and therefore there isnt enough goin on, so for now i think the charging £10 until i have cracked it is a fab idea!

thanks you so much guys!
ur doing the right thing there....start from next spray tan on to go an inch closer to the skin...and so on until you get it right
All of a suden it will all fall intoi place and thats the point when you put your prices up to the full amout

Good luck :hug:

Hello,

I had this exact problem a week ago... I used to use a lot of solution doing tans so I turned my gun right down & opened it slightly and did a tan on my friend & she did one on me. We both didn't go dark or anything and the tan basically faded within two days. It was definitely to do with me having my gun too low, as I have now turned my gun up & tans are coming out perfectly again x

Hello,

I had this exact problem a week ago... I used to use a lot of solution doing tans so I turned my gun right down & opened it slightly and did a tan on my friend & she did one on me. We both didn't go dark or anything and the tan basically faded within two days. It was definitely to do with me having my gun too low, as I have now turned my gun up & tans are coming out perfectly again x

These problems are not unusual when first starting out spray tanning and you will find through simply usage and as you gain experiance the right output setting and distance to spray from.
Good luck :hug:

Latest posts

Back