New to spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty167

Reaction score
I'm new to spray tanning, due to go on course on 6th December. I have today purchased my tanning kit (TS20 with tent) I have some tans booked in for 7th and I'm wanting some advice on solutions please. I'm torn between using LA Tan and OMG and I'm also needing advise on which % to order as I can only afford 2 bottles at the moment.
Thankyou for any advice you can offer

Kirsty x

Hi kirsty I qualified on 5th Nov in spray tanning I havent updated my page yet :(
A 10% solution should suit most skin tones so go for one of those. And it depends on your clients a 12% is quite popular with me as well but different people have different clients if you get me.
I use LA and suntana, I was torn between the 2 so decided to run them both for 6months and re-assess what is the favorite and take it from there. Hope that helps xx

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of doing the same but money won't allow it at the moment :sad: . I've been driving myself mad all day looking at which to get x

If you buy from LA Tan they do Bogof deals on litre bottles of solution, 10+12% is what I use, however on darker skinned clients and people with dark hair , i find that I'm having to do double sprays as they don't get the result that they are expecting, my clients want to look really dark for some reason! Also the TS20 machine is fantastic, have a play around with the gun as it takes a while for the solution to enter the tube before spraying, but once its there you are ready to go. Finding a setting you are comfortable with is the trickiest part I found, but once you find it, its pretty straightforward to set up thereafter.

No problem :) LA do offer brilliant deals on their litres of solution as said above you can mix and match the bogof's. I drove myself mad as well, and just decided to trial them see how I got on and look no further. Also contact and ask for samples if you haven't already :) xx

I'm new to spray tanning, due to go on course on 6th December. I have today purchased my tanning kit (TS20 with tent) I have some tans booked in for 7th and I'm wanting some advice on solutions please. I'm torn between using LA Tan and OMG and I'm also needing advise on which % to order as I can only afford 2 bottles at the moment.

Kirsty x

Hi there and good luck with the new venture, my advice would be to check with your clients what they want before you order anything. If you will be spraying people who want a nice natural looking tan then I would say you ought to order a 10 and a 12 as they are very popular with this kind of client. If you have people wanting to go as dark as possible you will be wasting your money and your time by having to spray twice on successive days risking bad fade off and patchiness. If you need to supply dark colors I would go for LA tan Disco and Fast tan. They are both dark and fade off well. They are also really easy to apply as the guide color is nice and dark making it easy to see where you have sprayed

I started out with 8% 10% and 12%, I did not use much 8 but it took off in the winter, 10 is great for the end of winter and fairer skinned people along with 8 as well and the 12 is great for using in the summer but now loads of younger clients want to be really dark so these colors are not really dark enough. Why not ring LA tan ( Francesca is really helpful)and see which offers they have at the moment. Also have a look on the Spray tan Supermarket website, they do trial packs of solution. Another option is going down to Capital hair and beauty and buying hteir twin pack Sunless solutions, A liter of one color and half liter of another. It is a fabulous product too.

Why dont you order in a load of samples before you actually buy stock. Use your clients on a "trial" give them an incentive to offer feedback and at the end of it you will know which they liked best. Most samples are free and even if you need to buy some it is not as expensive as buying 2 liters with a limited shelf life. It really only last 6 to 9 months after it has been opened and you dont get enough clients wanting a particular color it will need to be thrown out at the end of its shelf life.

Kirsty x

Hi Kirsty,

Its exciting starting out in your new venture and money can be tight! everyone has their own prefence to tanning solution. I doubt there will ever be a unanimous decion as to which is the besttanning solution on the market. All you can do is sample different ones and find out which works best for you and your client!

The TS20 is a fab machine! i use it for mobile work! its never let me down! :)

If you are interesting in using OMG Tanning solutions, you can contact me and i can guide you through the percentages and costs.

Hope this helps

Betsy.

Thank you all for the replies.

Betsy, I have just placed my order for the OMG solution and opted for the 12% and 14%. Thought I may aswell take advantage of the BOGOF offer:)

xx

Latest posts

Back