New to tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have recently purchased a Maximist lite, and have my training course a week today.
I am practising it out on a friend before my course on Friday. I tried it today on myself (dumb I know!) and it was very .... Blobby? I can't even describe it!

Is this because I was holding it too close to myself? I'm not sure yet but was hoping to have a tiny bit of experience before my course. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks x

lol, you are very keen :) you won't like this but you are probably best not to do too much before your training (I know it's hard when your machine is sitting there) but you could pick up some bad habits and are wasting product that you could use for making money once you know what you are doing.
There is a definite technique to spray tanning, it only looks easy because they have been trained.
Good luck with your course on Friday, I'm sure you will love it!!!

lol, you are very keen :) you won't like this but you are probably best not to do too much before your training (I know it's hard when your machine is sitting there) but you could pick up some bad habits and are wasting product that you could use for making money once you know what you are doing.
There is a definite technique to spray tanning, it only looks easy because they have been trained.
Good luck with your course on Friday, I'm sure you will love it!!!

Sigh, I was thinking the exact same. It's very tempting though!! :(

I think your definitely right though. Have you any idea why my solution is blobby though?
Is it my machine or just me lol?

Thanks <3 xxx

It is an art to spray tan yourself with an HVLP machine as they arent designed for the gun to be turned upside down and in all different angles. The solution sloshes about in the cup and the suction draws air. Hence you can only easily tan the bits that arent difficult to reach. Some of us have learned the skill but it takes practice, paired with a good training foundation so be patient and expect a lot of dodgy bits when you tan yourself for the first few times. LOL
Good luck on your course, who are you training with and how long is the course?
Hope all goes well and as @Jenx says, be patient. You would rather go out looking fab than blobby wouldnt you?

PS arent you going to be tanned by a fellow student on the day? If you are you have made her job more difficult as she now has to tan a blobby patchy canvas as opposed to you tanning a person who has not messed with equipment and solution beforehand.

It is an art to spray tan yourself with an HVLP machine as they arent designed for the gun to be turned upside down and in all different angles. The solution sloshes about in the cup and the suction draws air. Hence you can only easily tan the bits that arent difficult to reach. Some of us have learned the skill but it takes practice, paired with a good training foundation so be patient and expect a lot of dodgy bits when you tan yourself for the first few times. LOL
Good luck on your course, who are you training with and how long is the course?
Hope all goes well and as @Jenx says, be patient. You would rather go out looking fab than blobby wouldnt you?

PS arent you going to be tanned by a fellow student on the day? If you are you have made her job more difficult as she now has to tan a blobby patchy canvas as opposed to you tanning a person who has not messed with equipment and solution beforehand.

It was a very bad experience, one that will not be repeated!!

I am training at Cosmetology in Dundee, Scotland. Done my express lashes with them today and they are brilliant. It's a Guild certificate I receive, so not trained by a particular company.

Yes we are spraying each other. I never thought of that, I will take plenty of hot baths and scrub lots! <3

Latest posts

Back