New to tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankGrimes

Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to Ibiza on the 1st of July, I am a very pale person I have always struggled with tanning, I refuse to use a Sunbed because of the risks there.

Basically what I want to know from you guys is,
A. What would be the best spray tan to have for a 7 day holiday that will hopefully last the 7 days without going patchy.
B. Will the spray tan go patchy over the 7 days?
C. When is the best time to have the spray tan done (A day before, two days before etc..)
D. Any tips/tricks anybody has for me before I have this done.

Thanks for reading.

Have a trial before you go. My mate is super pale - goes pink, never brown - and likes a darkish tan. This is more likely to show any patchiness though.

Have a trial and see what you think. Ask for local recommendations.

Vic x

Just remember, suncream and chlorine will likely break down your tan. Xx

Hi Frank,

Great questions! Below is what we recommend:

A. What would be the best spray tan to have for a 7 day holiday that will hopefully last the 7 days without going patchy.
Just like squidgernetball suggested above, definitely have a trial! We are biased as we LOVE MoroccanTan, however there are many great brands on the market. Look for something hydrating and good quality!

B. Will the spray tan go patchy over the 7 days?
A good spray tan should never go patchy, however this will also depend on your preparation & aftercare. Make sure you exfoliate well prior to the application with a non-oily exfoliating product, your skin should be super clean on the day of application and moisturise every day afterwards with an extending product.

C. When is the best time to have the spray tan done (A day before, two days before etc..)
The day before you fly out will be ideal.

Refer to (B) above, but in a nutshell: prepare well & look after your skin afterwards. The healthier you skin is, the better your tan will last & fade.

MT
x

Hello,

I am going to Ibiza on the 1st of July, I am a very pale person I have always struggled with tanning, I refuse to use a Sunbed because of the risks there.

Basically what I want to know from you guys is,
A. What would be the best spray tan to have for a 7 day holiday that will hopefully last the 7 days without going patchy. Try Sienna, number six, but have a patch test first to check if its the right shade for you. Its the best quality product (least likely to go patchy) that I've used on my clients so far..
B. Will the spray tan go patchy over the 7 days? If you follow the pre and aftercare advice there shouldn't be any problem. Exfoliate first, don't wear deodorant before you have the spray tan, make sure barrier cream is applied to places where you wouldn't naturally be tanned, and where it could look patchy otherwise I.e. Knuckles, finger and toe nails, behind knees, knee caps heels and elbows. Shower before spray tan, not after...avoid getting wet for the development time...8-10 hours for a nice development. Use oil to prolong your new tan so it lasts longer.
C. When is the best time to have the spray tan done (A day before, two days before etc..) A day before will be best (24hours) bearing in mind to develop well the product needs to be left on 8-10 hours.
Be aware of wash products and shampoos not to use, I.e any containing lanolin. Have a spray tan patch test, but also consider whether a manual tan application containing sunscreen may be better for you on this occasion as you're going on holiday. Enjoy your holiday, hope this has helped.

Thanks for reading.

Suncream and chlorine will likely break down your tan as Daisylou93.

Get a good factor sunscreen for your protection as you have fair skin, perhaps some Australian Gold SPF which i LOVE and hit the beach, pool or balcony get some tan time in and you will be fine with in couple of days you will have some colour.

You will see your tan start to develop even more when the sun starts to go down my favorite part of holiday weather :) You can have a spray tan when you get back looks great with a base colour :p

Good Luck

I use Suntana spray tan and as I'm extremely pale skinned I go for the light 8%. I recently went on a 3 week holiday to Australia and panicked BUT I purchased the Suntana mouse and kept my tan perfectly and effetlessly topped up !!!!

Suntana have the mousse to get a quick top up as Shandypants has said - if not try their tan extender (daily moisturiser with a hint of tan).
this will nourish the skin and keep it well moisturised whist also giving you a small top up of DHA to help it fade even and keep a base colour :)

Latest posts

Back