New to the industry, advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody5

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the beauty industry and I am very lucky that I got a job in a good salon! My only problem is upper leg waxing! I have had a few larger clients and im finding the upper leg very difficult! I've even bruised one client! I am trying to get them stretch and im also trying to stretch the skin for them?! I now dread a full leg wax :( I really don't want this to turn me off my new career path! Any advice would be appreciated?! Feeling stressed thinking about work tomorrow!.:(

Hi there. I used to get anxious about upper leg waxing.

First thing I'd say is that practice makes perfect, the more you do it the easier it'll get. A couple of things to consider though...

Firstly you need to stretch the skin as much as possible. If this means getting your client to stretch as well then do it. Just ask nicely and move there hands to where it helps. Also when I do the upper leg I start by getting their leg straight and doing the whole of the outer side and then get them to turn there knee out wards and put their foot against their calf. Work in small sections and when I get towards the top then use a new strip with less wax on if not it might get stuck. If it gets stuck then just get a new strip and work smaller sections again and voila!

Don't get disheartened you'll be a master waxing in no time, it's all about practicing and perfecting your technique.

Hope this helps :).

Sorry i didn't read the stretching but right. I get them to put their hands above the area I'm waxing and then I stretch beneath. That seems to do the trick.

Great thanks a mill for the advice I will try more stretching and maybe do all
the front first and then work on the sides! I think I need to use less wax aswel!

Remove your wax in smaller sections especially on inner thigh. It's a must on that particular area. :)

Latest posts

Back