New to this and need tanning advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty Ramsey

Reaction score
Hi everyone! So ive booked on to do a spray tanning course and was having a look at machines and solutions, but am no so confused at how u pick what machine!!! Please any advice would be so very much appreciated xxx

Hi, Theres a lot of different machines. Are you going to be mobile? Or salon / home based?
I bought the maximist spray mate TNT complete kit which came with the machine, tent and suntana tanning solution samples. I'm mobile so this machine isn't too heavy for me to carry.
I decided to use VANI-T tanning solutions which I buy from blue tanning. Its expensive but its absolutely amazing. and all my clients love it.
Hope this helps. x

Hi, I have a 5008 and it’s amazing. I trained 10 years ago and still have the same machine. It’s really durable. I believe the manufacturer is about to stop production of them. I’m now a trainer and a TS20 machine is included in the starter kit they we offer. I’ve seen them in action lots of times and they are fab. Have a look on nouvatan.co.uk. If you need any more info just give me a shout xx

Hi, Theres a lot of different machines. Are you going to be mobile? Or salon / home based?
I bought the maximist spray mate TNT complete kit which came with the machine, tent and suntana tanning solution samples. I'm mobile so this machine isn't too heavy for me to carry.
I decided to use VANI-T tanning solutions which I buy from blue tanning. Its expensive but its absolutely amazing. and all my clients love it.
Hope this helps. x
Hi, im going to be mobile so a light weight machine is a must. Ive been looking at the maximist machines as ive heard a lot so they must be quiet popular! Cant wait to get up and running so would like my kit all sorted before i do the course in 3 weeks.. Thank u xx

Hi, I have a 5008 and it’s amazing. I trained 10 years ago and still have the same machine. It’s really durable. I believe the manufacturer is about to stop production of them. I’m now a trainer and a TS20 machine is included in the starter kit they we offer. I’ve seen them in action lots of times and they are fab. Have a look on nouvatan.co.uk. If you need any more info just give me a shout xx
That's great thank you. Ill have a look at that now.. quite daunting as there's so much out there lol x

Hi, im going to be mobile so a light weight machine is a must. Ive been looking at the maximist machines as ive heard a lot so they must be quiet popular! Cant wait to get up and running so would like my kit all sorted before i do the course in 3 weeks.. Thank u xx
Good luck with it all xx

The TS20 is a nice compact and reliable machine and is sold by quite a few of the tanning brands, just with their logo on it. It's a no frills machine but is unlikely to let you down.

Just over a year ago I bought a Pro-V machine as it was heavily discounted. There was nothing wrong with my TS20 but as my daughter now also offers spray tanning in our salon I thought it would be sensible to have another as the TS20 is over 5 years old now. The Pro-v looks more sophisticated and the gun is more comfortable to use but the hose is flimsier and gets very hot. I would rarely do more than 2 tans back to back so it hasn't been a problem, but might be if you were doing lots one after the other.

Do you know what machine they will use on your course? It could be worth holding on until then so you can try the machine out before you make your decision?

That's great thank you. Ill have a look at that now.. quite daunting as there's so much out there lol x

No problem, they are available on nouvatan.co.uk if you would like to have a look xx

Thanks everyone, think ive decided on a maximist machine!!! Now to find the best solutions!!!

The TS20 is a nice compact and reliable machine and is sold by quite a few of the tanning brands, just with their logo on it. It's a no frills machine but is unlikely to let you down.

Just over a year ago I bought a Pro-V machine as it was heavily discounted. There was nothing wrong with my TS20 but as my daughter now also offers spray tanning in our salon I thought it would be sensible to have another as the TS20 is over 5 years old now. The Pro-v looks more sophisticated and the gun is more comfortable to use but the hose is flimsier and gets very hot. I would rarely do more than 2 tans back to back so it hasn't been a problem, but might be if you were doing lots one after the other.

Do you know what machine they will use on your course? It could be worth holding on until then so you can try the machine out before you make your decision?
I dont know what they'll use yet as u say probably a good idea to wait see how i feel about their products x

I’m now just onto my 3rd machine and prefer the TS20.
Easy to use and change settings, robust and I prefer the gun that came with both of mine

Latest posts

Back