New trend matte nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan27

Reaction score
hello geeks!

i was just wondering, as opi and zoya are releasing MATTE nail polish colletions,and its going to be a big trend this year, apparently....

what's your views? do you like the matte look? are you expecting a flurry of clients in the salon asking for matte nails?

also, it cant be used with base or top coat, or hand creamcuricle oilas it affects the finish,surely they will be chipped in a day?

i personaly dont like it, i love shiney and glossy too much :) but i am intersted in the matte nail with glossytip idea,,,

for those of youwho havent seen the new opicollection yet,here is a linkto alllacqueredup...

its a really brilliant website and michelle (the blogger)is really lovely,,,

OPI Matte Collection Review, Swatches & Comparisons |All Lacquered Up - A Nail Polish Fanatic's Resource

hello geeks!

i was just wondering, as opi and zoya are releasing MATTE nail polish colletions,and its going to be a big trend this year, apparently....

what's your views? do you like the matte look? are you expecting a flurry of clients in the salon asking for matte nails?

also, it cant be used with base or top coat, or hand creamcuricle oilas it affects the finish,surely they will be chipped in a day?

i personaly dont like it, i love shiney and glossy too much :) but i am intersted in the matte nail with glossytip idea,,,

for those of youwho havent seen the new opicollection yet,here is a linkto alllacqueredup...

OPI Matte Collection Review, Swatches & Comparisons |All Lacquered Up - A Nail Polish Fanatic's Resource

omg i love it.
im sure there's some way of getting round it, they might bring out a matte top n base coat u never know

I love the look of the colors but,...it also looks like it distorts the perception of the nail shape. It somehow changes the shape and takes away from the clean shape that we work so hard to get. I think it would be good if used in a different way. Not completely over the nails. Maybe these would work awesome for art.....:confused:

i had a brainwave! you could use matte nail envy as base and possibly topcoat?

i just think if i wnated nails like that...i couldpaint my nails athalf 10...go to bed at 10.45....

and wake up with sheet marks on them!

:)

I have just had a look through the review in the link posted....i'm not a fan of these matte colours, maybe its just me but i prefer really glossy nails!

Omg, I love them. They are perfect for me to wear as I love the bright colours but not the shine (yes I am weird!)
I'm so excited about these!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Blimey trends really do go round in circles don't they! I used to buy a matt top coat in the local cheapy beauty shop in town about 20 years ago (long before I was a nail tech). It's bound to be available again I'm sure

I like it for a change from the norm, it didn't last as a long term fashion statement like shiny nails have stood the test of time

I am also a fan of shiney nails! But I do quite like the look of these Matte nails, not sure how they would work though? xx

Matt Nails are big this season...We did matt nails at a couple of shows during London Fashion Week, we used the Butter London range. x

hello geeks!

Personally, I think if this trend takes off - it will probably be short-lived. I think the colors look chalky - no? Kudos for polish companies who come out with new things, but I'm with you Alan - I like the nails glossy! I absolutely loved some of the colors, but wanted to brush some Top Coat on them!

Interesting, though I love shine!

I think there will always be trends just to shake up things and bring a change into standards, even if it is pointless. It is something new but shortly lived. Who doesn´t like a glossy finish to their nail enhancements or polish???? You associate them with freshness and just getting them done. I follow with what my customers want and they want fresh, glossy looking nails.

I love the idea but they do sound like something best left to the professionals to get a really fab finish. I love the idea of matte nail with glossy tip, I think that would look gorgeous with the darker colours (the green! that would be soooo cool).

Sort of related - another fab polish blog is Scrangie, if you google her she should pop up. I think she reviewed some matte polishes a while ago but they were a US only brand if memory serves - a different finish to these though, not as chalky looking.

I love the idea but they do sound like something best left to the professionals to get a really fab finish. I love the idea of matte nail with glossy tip, I think that would look gorgeous with the darker colours (the green! that would be soooo cool).

Sort of related - another fab polish blog is Scrangie, if you google her she should pop up. I think she reviewed some matte polishes a while ago but they were a US only brand if memory serves - a different finish to these though, not as chalky looking.

I love Scrangies polish blog!! here is a link and halfway down there is a review of a matte polish from a make called ManGlaze...this matte black looks better than the others I have seen.Scrangie: nfu oh

Personally I prefer a bit of shine on my nails...but it's not about what we want is it? I can see with certain looks a matte finish could be cool.

Choices are always good.

Not everyone will love the look.

Better to have a matte top coat that will turn any cream polish matte if the client wants it. Makes allot more sense to me. I certainly would not myself invest in a range of matte colours just for a trend.

I understand where everyone is coming from about certain new products being a trend, or "faddy", but I think we've got to applaude companies when they launch something a bit "different".

Certainly not all new innovations or types of products will be a success, but the world would be a boring place if we didn't try something new once in a while!

Aren't we (and I include myself in this) the very same people who complain when there's nothing "new" at trade shows!

Personally - although not being a wearer of nail polish myself! - I'm a fan of the matt look. Especially when it comes to things around the house etc.....Give me a matt finished TV for instance anyday, rather than one of these horrid high gloss thingies where you can't see the screen from the glare of the frame surround!

:):):)

I love new things and I am fan of choice which is one reason I am so excited about the CND launch in September ... talk about new and different and as usual CREATIVE. But that is all the teasing I can do at this time. :lol:

Choices are always good.

Not everyone will love the look.

Better to have a matte top coat that will turn any cream polish matte if the client wants it. Makes allot more sense to me. I certainly would not myself invest in a range of matte colours just for a trend.

A matte top coat is actually a great idea!

dont cuccio do a matte top coat in their male manicure range. maybe still available ?

spa ritual, orly and opi do them :)

i do like matte nails with a matte topcoat, it doesnt look as harsh and as b&Q kitchen and bathroom paint-like!

more satin-y?

:)

Latest posts

Back