New trend "Oil Slick Color"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire Olsen

Reaction score
Has anybody tried the new trend Oil Slick Color?

How do you achieve this color?

Curious to know what this trend exactly is!

I haven't but I love it. If I was dark I'd do it. In fact I'm tempted to go dark for it!! Haha

I had a lady in recently ask for the oil slick colour but I was a bit disappointed as I did a strand test just to make sure I could lift it enough to get those colours but it hardly lifted as there was years and years of colour build up on her hair she box colours at home [emoji20]

Really I have 2 virgin hair clients that came in yesterday and they want it, it almost looks like a color melt?

What does it look like? I've never heard of it

Really I have 2 virgin hair clients that came in yesterday and they want it, it almost looks like a color melt?
Take a look at the igora high powered browns. The "petrol" shade would be perfect.

What does it look like? I've never heard of it
It looks like this!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448928851.814150.jpg

Take a look at the igora high powered browns. The "petrol" shade would be perfect.
I'm sorry tsparker78 I'm looking on their website and don't seem to find anything how would you use those for that picture? [emoji4]

They lift and deposit in one step on darker virgin hair. But I was really just thinking out loud and only the petrol really. Sorry, not very helpful.

No I'm open to everything just curious about the technique and how to achieve it thank you for your reply!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1448983549.732989.jpg

That's the pic my client had given me

Ooh now that looks interesting! I have a client in on Fri eve this would be perfect on! What colours and how please?? :D

Did you end up doing it?
How did you go about achieving this?
It's cool isn't it, kinda reminds me of the colours in bubbles! No the client that gave me this pic had loads of build up of black on her hair (that was down to her bum) she was using black box colours for years

Oh so you ended up not doing it? I'm sure you have to be lifted pretty light in order to get this look!

Here's an update on my oil slick color for the first time!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449548289.278379.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1449548304.199994.jpg

Latest posts

Back