New Twitter scam/hacking. Just to warn you!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without saying who I'm following but they have the initials SS. Is that the same as everyone else?

Think I will pm them tomorrow and let them know they are using their name.

i got it like a 100 times lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Mine didn't come up on twitter, it came through the inbox of my email account. A private message from XXXXX :confused: x

Oh yes, just realised mine was an email, see you can tell I don't understand Twitter or my phone lol

That's who I'm following...as I said, about to start course next week...wondered what I had done :sad: until I spoke to some fellow geeks and I realised what was going on and that tbh she isn't even aware of my existence :lol: crisis over. These sort of things don't normally bother me...must have been having an off day today xx

Oh you poor peeps. Mine was someone I was randomly following too, and once I realised it was a scam I got another one come through from the same person. I don't think the person we are following knows msgs are being sent on their behalf. Shame though, as I unfollowed them as I couldn't be bothered with the drama of it!

Without saying who I'm following but they have the initials SS. Is that the same as everyone else?

Think I will pm them tomorrow and let them know they are using their name.

I had one today from the same person I think :/

i know that after i got a message all my followers got one of me even though i did not send it i changed my password and then it stopped x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I had it from the same person too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

I've only just signed on twitter and luckily don't have any followers :sad:, do I need to change my password if it's their account that's been hacked? I had an email a few weeks ago that caused my computer to go a bit odd, but was told my password was ok, it was my friend that had the compromised password xx

I've had it too yesterday.

Mines from SS too :(

Well I emailed SS and not had a reply. So does one presume that their account has been hacked and they are not getting messages through.

I also sent a copy on my personal forum and no reply either. Very odd!

I'm sure It's not our lovely SS

I think I may have had this a while ago but I just blocked it and reported it x

My course leader/ambassador said she's lovely and it wouldn't be her, she may be enjoying this lovely weather and not looked at messages yet xx

Think she's moving over the weekend ....

Last edited:
I've got one off SS too now. She definitely must be hacked! :(

You would have thought they'd have moved on by now and started harassing someone else xx

Well I find it strange to be honest. I have emailed various people in authority and nothing has come back. Even mods have not picked up on this thread.

Perhaps its being investigated.

I have blocked them, whoever it is.

I agree, I would have thought someone would have said something as it's happened to a lot of people on here and it's still happening...very odd xx

I'm sure that SS will be aware of her account sending out these to everyone it is her private Twitter account nothing to do with the company.
She has however been busy over the last week but if you guys who have had messages from her drop her a pm I'm sure she will get it sorted as soon as she has got caught up.
:hug:

Latest posts

Back