New website!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura1201

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just finished setting up my new website! still a work in progress but if anyone would like to have a look and give me some contsructive criticism i would appreciate it! (opening myself up to a whole lot of abuse here!? lol) www.bellebeautyfife.moonfruit.co.uk (still waiting on my new domain)

thanks!

Nice, you need to align yr prices and opening times together as they read like a long list. I'm working on re doing my website too I've found it's been great advertising and I'm incorporating an online booking system via Clinicalendar too free for life :) good luck

Thanks, I'll get right on the case :) are you looking on a mobile or computer? I'm hoping to get a lot of custom from this as I've heard people on here especially say how good it's been for them. I'm only in my 4th week of business so hopefully picking up! Good luck to you too

I've just looked at it on my phone and I see what you mean about the long list, it's fine on a computer screen though, no idea how to fix that!

Looking good! My initial feedback would be to make it more obvious what actually are/do. You say service, treatment etc, but don't actually tell me on the front page what you do. People are lazy, and don't like to dig around for an answer.

Hi hun, just been on your website via iphone. I have an account eith moinfruit too and theres not much u can do about the list thing unfortunately however if you click on the mobile tab you can move things to display better on the phine, for instance your opening hours to be under the days in addition to at the bottom.

Maybe on the home page mention we are a beauty room in hairdressers so immediately people know what your about

Also great idea to have the map but as above people are lazy and may not even look on about us so may be handy to have a map on the contact us page too? I know if i was lookin for a new salon thatd b where id click to find them.

Just a few thoughtsx

Love your logo hun and good luck with your room xx

Ps well done on your website too looks great xx

Thank you for all of the feedback, will definitely be taking your suggestions on board and changing it a little. Glad I can come here and get honesty, friends and family just say "oh it's very nice" lol :)

Hi Laura,
I think your website looks lovely - I too checked it out on my mobile but having seen in on my PC it's much better (plus my phone is dead slow).

Just wanted to add - on your gallery page, I know you have said more pics coming soon but I'd use the opportunity to show off your treatments a bit more by labelling your images. Perhaps you need to label them in your files on your pc and re-upload but if you title them something like 'rockstar toes' or 'shellac french mani' (whatever) rather than img_102 then it's a double opportunity to sell your treatments. Some people may not know what they are looking at, or feel confident to ask.

xx

I really like your logo, and purple is my favourite colour!

Thanks again for all the replies gonna add in everything you said tomorrow! Any one else?

Ps crunchbunch my logo was done by verve design, excellent service and price

Latest posts

Back