New Wella Koleston

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanhead

Reaction score
Hi all. Just wondering what you all think of the new Wella KP since they've made it more hypo allergenic. I'm finding the coverage to be slightly translucent on resistant Grey and needing to use more product as the consistency is slightly runnier? Is it just me? TIA for any answers [emoji4]

I've had no issues so far

Iv had 2 grey clients say after a few weeks grey coming back through so Iv used double base but then far too dark unlike the old wella kp ‍♀️

Iv had 2 grey clients say after a few weeks grey coming back through so Iv used double base but then far too dark unlike the old wella kp ‍♀️
What ratios are you using? What was the original formula?

What ratios are you using? What was the original formula?

It's 1+1 same as before. But it seems runnier? It's like you have to use more product than before

Yes, I've found it darker too!

It's 1+1 same as before. But it seems runnier? It's like you have to use more product than before
Sorry i meant wha ratio of fashion shade to base are you using?

I tend to use 30 ml base and 15 ml fashion shade

When you tried the double base did you use the same ratios?
I'm thinking half double base half fashion shade should be enough. Do you paint both sides of the section?
Laying the colour on, gives better coverage rather than brushing it on as we brush sometimes we take away colour with the stroke.

I did use the same ratio, I've always added more double base to ensure good coverage.
Your point on double brushing each section makes sense. Thanks for your advice [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back