New Years Eve

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
So whats everyone got planned?

We've invited 2 neighbours over with kids for around 7.30.
Nibbles and pop for kids, curry and nan for adults.

Washed down with rose sparkling, pinot grigio, red wine, whisky, vodka, bacardi, brandy, that Italian lager peroni?, caffreys and some alka seltzers!

Cheers!

I am such a misery.

I hate New Year!!! I cant be alone can I??

I should be on grumpy old Christmas but then even as a child I hated being dragged round the houses with my parents - only to be kissed off whiskey loving oldies...yak!!!

So I am getting a take away - locking the doors, shutting the blinds and going to be at a reasonable hour... MAGIC.

Happy new year to you all. xx

I am going to be boring, i am staying in,
just having a usual meal at tea time and i may indulge in a glass of wine,
new year should be in summer, then i would go out and celebrate but i refuse to get dressed up and go out in the cold, much prefer to stay indoors where it is warm and cosy,
i will probably be on here celebrating the new year with the geeks that haven't gone out,
omg i sound like I'm in my 90`s, i am 36 lol

Going across the road to a neighbors for a BBQ and curry for about 20 of us so I will probably be suffering tomorrow.

im going to a mates tonight as i got work in the morning

Going to the pub tonight with about 12 friends and some family.

Unfortunately my daughter won't be with us tonight as she is in sunny florida and will be at pleasure island in Disney tonight for her new years eve party.

Think would rather be in florida.

I am such a misery.

You are not alone! Hate, hate, hate New Year. I've volunteered to babysit tonight, so me and my 4 year old nephew will be playing, Guess Who?, Buckaroo and whatever else he comes up with and stuffing our faces with sausage rolls, crisps n chocolate!

For the first time in 16 years iv got no baby sitter {my mum} she has decided to take my eldest over to Rotherham to celebrate it with my sister.Im not grumbling cos she never goes out she's 75yrs and does everything for me so i hope she has a good time.
So that means iv got my little boy who's 6yrs but hes has good as gold so not a problem.
Anyway my options are to go and visit a few freinds here who will be having family parties etc.

Or i could drive 2 hrs and turn up on my best friends door step {Rotherham} has she has a party evey year and askes me to go every year but iv never gone,mostly down to icey lanes as its the only way to get there really.
She would be over the moon with suprise and shock as i only saw her last week,iv text her today and the party is 8pm she sed go over n sleep but my hubby is at work so i dont know what we are doing yet.So i said to her i would have a drink at this end at 8pm.

Anyway to all the Geeks on here world wide have a HAPPY NEW YEAR xxxxx

well I hate new year too and am usually in my PJs by 9 and in bed by 10pm.

My hub hit on the idea of inviting 2 lots of neighbours round as they will have the kids (who are the same age as our Jack) so that we can all have a few drinks in company but not stay too long as the kids will be tired! (ingenious). Plus, as its at ours, we don't have to leave, plus the neighbours can all walk round.

Hope to be cleared up and geeking by 10pm, but hey, good plans and all that.

I am having a night in very boring I know but I am not a big fan of New Year,
I am worse then normal this year as 2 of my girls(16&17 year old) are spending thier New Year with mates and not us I am feeling a bit grumpy about this:irked:
So it will just be the little one (12) and my hubby so not even sure if I will see midnight or not:!:

I am not doing anything tonight..
Going to stay in..lock the door so the neighbours dont come in and give me slobbery ale smelling kisses ..
And me and the kids and boyf are gunna watch a film....boring yes..but better than sitting in a neighbours that I dont really talk to all year round watching them all get drunk :rolleyes:

I dont even drink anymore so cant do that lol....I tried to have a tia maria and coke the other night and got the worsed pains in my tummy and neck...I will stick to my cup of tea tonight :green:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY XXXX:hug:

I am such a misery.

I should be on grumpy old Christmas but then even as a child I hated being dragged round the houses with my parents - only to be kissed off whiskey loving oldies...yak!!!

So I am getting a take away - locking the doors, shutting the blinds and going to be at a reasonable hour... MAGIC.

Happy new year to you all. xx

Me too...so you are not alone.

I hate all the enforced jollity....if I want to celebrate I will...If I don't I won't!!!

So I will see how I feel later on, as to whether I go out and first foot some friends, or not as the case may be!!

All the best when it comes my geeky friends :hug:

We are going round to my Sisters for a meal and staying over, fairly quiet just us 4 and HRH.
Until the neices start rolling in, in the early hours:green:

We are going out...to my fathers boozer:eek:....there will be lots of people,but just as long as i have a bottle of Lanson or Moet by my side i am happy:)

My mother will probably living it up in some club back home...it is her birth day:rolleyes::lol:

Wekk its the MIL's birthday so there is always something we have to attend! Shes 50 today so she is having a party in our local, not her's but ours! So its crawling distance!! lol!!
Hubbies family are ones for kicking off after a few ales so look out tonight, Im going to have prime position and watch the fireworks take place.

I hate New Years Eve, it just does nothing for me, but it has a better ring to it when the ale and the food is FREE!!! lol!! Im such a skinflint!!

Happy New Year my Geeky pals!! xxxxxxxxxx:hug:

i am taking me and the boys off to my cousins party , but i want to be back before midnight becasue my poor westie will not be happy with the new year fireworks so want to be back for him.

Im in with the fella tonight. Plus Ive got the lurgy. Me sniffing and coughing over a beverage wont be attractive.

Happy New year to all xxx

Well we are all at home, with loadsa nibbles enough to drink and we are all playing on the Wii, and best of all I just got my highest score at bowling :lol:

I've got a date with Take That and a bottle of Baileys!

Happy New Year everyone :hug:

Had curry, got kids in bed,

On here then bath in 5 minutes with candles and lights off, wine, sit and watch tv drink more wine, dance at 12 pm goodbye 2007 :eek::confused:and hello 2008 :):):):)

have a good one xxx

Latest posts

Back