Newbie advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helenback

Reaction score
hi im now qualified in manicure pedicure and looking to do another course in either gelish, opi gel colour or geleration, does anyone have any advice and recommendation not only for the products but also for the training?

I have trained in both shellac and gel fx(orly gel colour) creative acadamy i thought was the best for training, this trained me using shellac products. Both products are good quality i would recommend either having used both and researched, i would avoid geleration, gelish ect personally i think they are cheaper for a reason. Hope this helped :)

i would avoid geleration, gelish ect personally i think they are cheaper for a reason. Hope this helped :)

Actually, I think Gelish happens to be the No. 1 selling professional gel polish so I wouldn't dismiss it too quickly. I am not aware that it is "cheaper" than Gel fx and its certainly more popular with professionals worldwide.

There are hundreds of threads asking this question, there is even a sticky answering the most popular gel polish questions http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/201083-general-questions-re-uv-cured-colour-coats-answered.html

Do your research, have as many products as possible applied by professionals and see for yourself before you decide to invest. On here, we will all have our favorites.

I offer gelish and just about to do my shellac course, I've actually spent a lot more on gelish than anything else, training (which was great)and products are much more expensive than shellac. One size doesn't fit all so I think it's quite good to train in as many systems as you can even if it does take a while to save! I got both done on myself before I decided who to go with :) x

I've just worked it out per ml. Shellac is the most expensive (but its not a gel polish), then Gel FX, then OPI Gelcolor, then Gelish. So Gelish is the cheapest per ml.

I have trained in both shellac and gel fx(orly gel colour) creative acadamy i thought was the best for training, this trained me using shellac products. Both products are good quality i would recommend either having used both and researched, i would avoid geleration, gelish ect personally i think they are cheaper for a reason. Hope this helped :)

I think you'll find gelish is more expensive than both geleration and shellac.

thanks all, i am trying to research as much as poss, the training side is just as important for me as the product, and no much to do with cost as i will just price myself accordingly 😃

Latest posts

Back