Newbie - am I going down the right track?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alibongo4982

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I love everything about nails and I am doing a manicure certificate next week, followed by a bio sculpture course which is done over 3 days.

I then want to do a nail art course, can you recommend any companies that would work well with bio or is it just a generic nail art course?

Initially I'm doing this just for myself which is a very expensive way but wondering if I could go mobile at some stage ifim good enough.

Am I doing things right?

Sounds great hun, kind of the way I thought , I wanted to do nails to b able to do my own and become self employed doing clients eventually

Is your manicure just one day too with a reputable company?

Thank you for your reply.
The manicure course is 6 hours and with a salon. The owner holds many courses covert beauty and has said I would get a certificate at the end which would enable me to get insurance.

I've tried local colleges but the manicure is part of a long course so can't do it seperatley. Bio only do 2 manicure courses a year and already held these this year

Hi, I am bio sculpture trained & did attend a nail art course at the fleet office which was quite basic it depends what sort of art you want to do, I don't do a lot of nail art as where I live it's not that popular with my older clients,
if you join the bio sculpture group on salon geek you can see some nail art on there also if go on facebook & look at bio sculpture uk they sometimes do art competitions, just to give you an idea x

Hi, this is how I started in April 2001 ...

My nail tech closed her home based salon her nails were perfect every time ...trying to find a new nail tech ..!!! ... after visiting all the local salons and having to either repaint or completely refile and repaint them every time I had them infilled & not one could do any nail art - (they really were bad sets of nails)
I looked into doing a course at capital - just to do my own - ( my very expensive hobby) - then as I was practising on family / friends on my course which lasted 10 days -one day a week - (so was really indepth - lots of theory homework etc / theory & practical exams) ... I found I really enjoyed it, and had people I worked with commenting on my nails and asking me to do them, friends of friends / family ... So I started to do them weekends / eve as a second job for a few yrs / then I got made redundant - so I completely retrained got my NVQ L2&L3 in beauty / massage route ...
It's a start - its a journey , like any job you never stop learning and evolving ...

Xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I would just check what sort of qualification you get and check with your favoured insurance company that its up to standard.
Better to be safe than sorry :)

P.s. I love bio sculpture :)

Laura💋

Latest posts

Back