Newbie at extensions could people check them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybunnyx

Reaction score
Hi,

I've done 2 models so far since I trained one per bonded and one micro rings, but I feel like the after look isn't thick and gorgeous enough to me. I use lush us hair which I think looks and feels lovely but isit just me that thinks it looks thin on my pictures below?? Or is it my fault it looks like that ??

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334607682.506199.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334607682.506199.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 281
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334607760.235994.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334607760.235994.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 285
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334608326.808022.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334608326.808022.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 283
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334608447.783998.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334608447.783998.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 290
If you find it's thin just add more hair. Do you place each extension next to each other or spread them out? Sometimes the hair tapers off at the ends if you want I thick from root to tip use double drawn hair. Keep practising and taking lots of piccies xx

Thanks for a reply yep do next to each other etc that y I don't get y it looks so thin lol I don't think I could add anymore hair to them both lol.

Unless you have any tips on adding more hair? Don't know if I'm going wrong ?

X

How many bonds did you use?

Have you tried blending them on these pics? Extensions come longer then stated because you will need to cut some of the length.

Cram in the hair!! And cut them blunter at the ends, it will instantly make them appear thicker xx

I'm pretty sure I done enough bonds lol and yer u was thinking of going on a cutting and blending course as I'm not a hairdresser, but I did cut and blend one of them but the other one she didn't want me to cut it she liked the thin ended look lol.

So would you say to buy 18 inch a nd then 16 inch as I get higher would that help at all ? Rather than panicking about cutting it as I don't do it as a job x

That is another reason why you need those skills to ensure you give the best service. If you don't feel confident in cutting and blending then how can you expect to give best possible results? To me it looks like it is not enough hair extensions in and that the extensions put in are single drawn and tapered at the ends. As your models have quite short hair you need to put more hair in to make it look full all the way. But the colour match is really good and you have blended the natural hair line well.

How many did you put in? That looks like about 100. If you say you can't fit in more then you need to think more about placement and sectioning and where you have put them. You can always fit them in, even if you have to make smaller bonds in some areas. It looks quite wispy to me on the ends. When I do extensions I always ask myself "would I be happy with these extensions"? As I am a seasoned extension wearer and am really picky I think this is a good question to ask. Lush us are quite wispy on ends so better to get longer length and then cutting and blending to ensure it looks full and luscious. That is why double drawn hair is better as it doesn't have that look and tapered down ends. Here is one I did with double drawn hair before it has even been cut and blended:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334614246.680819.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334614246.680819.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 196
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334614293.384203.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334614293.384203.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 208
Do lush us do double drawn hair?

No they only have one option. Double drawn is not very common and is more expensive.

Lovely work the extensionist xx

definately not enough hair in hon, have a look at your placement again. Are you leaving big gaps between rows after the 1st few? I use lush-us hair and although its not the thickest in history you can definately make it look thick with the correct placement.

And im afraid i have to agree with the extensionist, I personally would be really unhappy if i then had to go to someone else to get the extensions cut because the person who done mine wasn't confident/competent. I see it quite often now, girls not getting me to fit their hair (im too expensive clearly starting at 250 incl aftercare for the lush-us, i mean come on....) but they want to come to me after and pay me to cut the hair?! Get practicing hon, and maybe it would be worth doing an additional extension cutting course? xxx

Thanks for the advice guys, these are my models which I'm glad I've done because I can see what I would think if it was mine, I don't think there bad in anyway except there not thick/full enough. I'll definitely look at there hair again and check my placements, because I must be going wrong some where! And be able to get more hair in there lol.

I love the pics you sent through, the hair looks great...so what brand do you use for double drawn hair?

Also does anyone know of any good cutting and blending courses?

Thanks everyone!! X

Latest posts

Back