newbie 'blues'! How to turn a query into a booking!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

Just starting out mobile new career change and all that - and my problem is a sever lack of customers.

I have all the enthusiasm in the world, and would consider myself to be quite confident....but when I get an enquiry about my nails through one of my ad's I tell them what I do and how much (£28 for a full set acrylic/silk which is relatively cheaply priced round here ) etc and i just get 'Ok thanks a lot i'll come back to you'

I have been asked how long i've been doing it (4months) and i'm sure thats the put off!!

Deflated or what.......anyone got any top tips? I dont want to apear to 'pushy' or 'forceful' but i'm tearing my hear out!!!

whats the best approach to get that booking!!

Perhaps offer a discount for new clients?? That way people may go for it and then you can 'woo' them with your fantastic nails and they will come back again and again and tell all their friends about you! This business is so popular that you need to offer them some other kind of incentive the get the business coming in at first...loyalty cards, introduce a friend vouchers etc etc are also other ideas to ensure the clients you do get stay with you...

You will get there in end...!

Hi, try not to get dispondant.

It could be that when they hear you are newly qualified it puts them off, mind you some of the technicians in my area, who have been in this industry for a long while, don't even wash their hands!!!!!!! :rolleyes: I'm sure once you've got a few bookings they will return.

When a client calls me I tell them the price and before they have time to say anything I ask them if they have had Nail enhancements before. That may you can continue the conversation and then ask if they require an evening appointment. It works for me - 90% of the time they book there and then.

I have had some people enquire about my prices and then say thank you and they are usually another technician checking my prices.

It is frustrating but keep at it.

When people call and ask how much - don't immediately tell them. Ask them questions along the lines of have they had nails done before, what systems have they had done before - ie. was it gel, L&P "acrylic" or wraps, how did they get on with them. You really have to get a conversation going with the client rather than a "how much" - give price - thanks and bye! If you sound knowledgeable then it will not matter that you have only been doing nails for a short time. If you are offering an introductory price as you are newly trained then let them know that.

Explain your pricing structure - full set price, rebalance price, any repairs included in rebalance etc.

Good luck - hope this helps.

thanks guys points taken on board...just have to build that rapport first and maybe think of a wicked incentive!!

Latest posts

Back