Newbie help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorrinaBelle

Reaction score
Hi all. I admit, I shouldn't technically be here but I didn't know where else to turn.

I'm very interested in learning how to be a nail tech - all the way up to art and extensions. But, the courses are all so confusing.

Anyone familiar with beauty schools or accredited educators in London/Croydon area that'll start me from beginning to give me proper diploma?

Secondly, per experience, I've become a little more familiar with CND. Is sticking to CND courses preferable? They're bloody expensive! Or should I keep my options open?

Lastly, is the international accreditation worth it? I ask as I'm American living in UK. There's probably a chance I could move back to USA (hubby hinted at us living our retirement there). It's crazy expensive, too - but would it be cheaper (or even possible) to do a pick up course if and when the time arises?

Ps - any contraindications of a preggie doing basic Mani pedi gel courses?

Don't worry, you've definitely come to the right place to ask for advice like this!

Living in London should offer you plenty of choice for education too. I haven't personally trained with CND but I think it is well accepted in the industry that their training is excellent and if you're looking to become an all round nail tech it would certainly be a good choice and I believe their training is recognised worldwide.

Most good brands offer full training though, so definitely do your research and look to see what other brands offer as well. You want a course that includes plenty of hands on practical work and follow on Support.

With regard to studying whilst pregnant, I would say it's more to do with how you personally feel in yourself. The smell of products made me feel very sick when I was pregnant and when I went back to re-train at college a couple of years back, one of the students who was pregnant found the smell of monomer made her feel faint, but that won't be the case for everyone I'm sure.

Hopefully you will get some more replies to help you, especially regarding the international accreditation as I don't know anything about that!

Good luck

Latest posts

Back