Newbie hoping to start mobile, need advice, guidance and tips please.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky&Maggie

Reaction score
Hi everybody. My names Becky and I'm new to this site! Recently my life got flipped upside down. I lost my mum maggie. We were best friends. She payed for me to go to college for two years to do beauty and massage. Her dream was for me to become successful. I work in a spa at the moment. They charge an awfully large amount for there treatments while I get paid a shocking £6 an hour. I feel like I could be earning an awful lot more by going mobile. I just want some tips and advice on going mobile aNd the ups and downs of it. I'm only 21 and really want to make my mum proud. I may sound like a spoilt brat. But my mum also paid for my driving lessons and I bought my first car but she did it so I could become mobile one day. Please help me and give me some ideas, advice and guidance. I'm stuck on things like, how to make a logo? I have the perfect one in mind. Do have to register my business name?? Can other people use the same business name as mine?? Insurance???? Paying by card?? Etc . Much love Becky x

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your mum.

Yes you have to register- register with hmrc,
Insurance wise- salon gold- I pay £45 a year I think
Card payments- there is a really handy thread on the bizz forum that tells you loads of info.
Logo- go to a local printers to you and speak to them about your ideas.

When your mobile you need to be clever with your time. Don't do a treatment one side of town to have to drive to ths other to then drive back again. Your clients need to fit around you as well as you fitting around them.

If you do end up mobile you also need to inform your car insurance.

And also get an accountant to do your books at the end of the tax year.

Good luck with everything

Your mum will be proud of you hun!

Hi Becky, so sorry to hear about your mum. I am sure she is hugely proud of you for taking the brave decision to work for yourself.

I don't know about the other stuff because I don't live in the UK, but some girls on here have got great logos done by this company: verve design.

Good luck!

So sorry to read of your loss :-(

I know you mentioned mobile, but have you thought of renting a room in a salon? You'll still be self employed with your own client base, but just situated in one place.

You will still need to register with HMRC, have your liability insurance, (but you won't need business car insurance if you're based in one location)

It's just another option for you to consider :) x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry for your loss :(

Your mam obviously loved you alot and wanted you to succeed in life, and am sure she proud of you already for making this tiny step towards starting your owe business.

Have you thought of a business name yet? Am a huge fan of carls from verve as well (that man works miracles) for your logo.

There are a few insurance companies out there, its best to get a few quotes and see which one suits you best.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your lil adventure.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back