Newbie-ideas on 3D brushes please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetescape1983

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've come across this wonderful forum whilst doing research and seeking questions regarding nail tech.
You lot seem a lovely helpful bunch and I thought this might be a n ice place for me settle into through my journey.

To start with I just have a couple of small things I'd like some hints/tips on....
Firstly, I love the 3d work so much but we didn't get any special brush for this in our NSI kit from the college. I'm looking for advice on what you guys think are best buys. I'm looking for a great brush to work with for both flat 3d and competition. I have my competition entry work coming up after Christmas and would really like to get to work on it, however my standard size 8 acrylic brush doesn't let me get all those small fiddly dimensions that I require.
I'd also appreciate any tips on what materials you use to start off competition work, I've been shown tin foil, metal wire and pipe cleaners so far and that is it...surely there's more materials that are easy to pick up and build on?

Next up, we start the gel system next week. Really looking forward to that but again there isn't a whole lot in my kit for this side of it. First and foremost I need a good lamp. Any recommendations? The future hubby has promised to buy me some lovely Gel colours for xmas too....I know we all find products different but what are your best buys?

Sorry for the rather long post. It wasn't meant to be that long haha....thanks in advance for any help/advice/info :)

Kristen x

Latest posts

Back