Newbie in need of advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irnjaw

Reaction score
Morning everyone

I qualified in acrylic nails last week with NSI, I'm now looking to take the leap and advertise for clientele. Naturally I want to offer a gel polish service. I've been doing my own and my friends' gel polishes for a couple of years now but I've never taken a gel polish course.

When I was at the Scottish Beauty Show in April I bought some ProGel polishes which I love using, and I was drawn to them as it was the brand my old nail tech used on me. The problem is, I cannot find anywhere that offers a course in ProGel.

Will I just have to accept the fact that I'll need to find a new polish brand and sit their course to allow me to offer that service?

Have you qualified in manicure too ? To offer Gel polish you also need to do this so maybe look for a combined course

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Your insurer will probably accept a gel polish qualification and you can use any brand but double check with them first. Ideally it's best to train with the brand you'll use but it's not always possible. I trained with shellac but chose to use Cuccio Veneer.

Hi LeilaM

I don't have manicure I'm afraid. But I know to do the NSI gel polish course all I need is my acrylic cert. I'll ask the school about the manicure side of it.

Thanks ciderella71, I hoped this might be the insurer's logic. I'll look into that too

:)

Hello

I thought for some reason you had to have a manicure qualification before they trained you in artificial?

I know I did

I suppose it would be a good idea to have manicure. The acrylic course does teach cuticle work though and making sure the nail plate is totally clean before the acrylic service to make sure the enhancements last.

Hello

I thought for some reason you had to have a manicure qualification before they trained you in artificial?

I know I did
SO did i?

Latest posts

Back