newbie looking to find a fab acrylic system!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hello peops been on ur site 4 ages but dont think ive ever wrote a word so hello! but i need all ur help! ive had a beauty salon for over a yr now which is amazing but am finding nails are more and more in demand ive trained in nails but products ive used normally standard stuff from sallys etc neva lasts or gives me those fab results!:rolleyes:

so im wondering if anyone can recommend a good acrylic system and if anyone knows of an updating course so i can learn all new techniques like customisation and colours reverse application etc as didnt get taught this while training! was thinking bout ez flow any thoughts? please help a girl in need!:green:
Thanks h x

Ezflow have a good reputation,
Creative also has a really good reputation and some fabulous training
Welcome to the site hun :hug:

HI and welcome to the site.

It would be helpful if you put a bit more detail in your profile regarding training etc, then it helps us answer your questions without us having to ask too any IYKWIM!!!

EzFlow have a fantastic range of products to suit a varied clientel, from the great glitter powders in all the Boogie Nights ranges to the HD pink & whites and cover Pink for extending nailbeds.

At rhe moment there is even a great Salon Starter Kit available with 40% off and 50% off training.
So if you think EzFlow is for you and your clients call 0845 330 0840 for further info for a training school in your area!

Also have a read over Sassy's great article about training...here is a link...http://www.salongeek.com/training/27430-answer-most-faq-training-should-i-choose.html#post268945

well I've done a diploma in beauty therapy sciences got three distinctions and really worked hard for it! trained wit a lot of other companies but not nail ones except Nailtiques, Jessica etc!

we did cover nails at college for a whole year weekly but I still wouldn't say I know half what I could so would love to be pushing out a+ nails and try knock some of the awful nail salons we have in our area out who I KNOW are using the wrong monomers etc :( but anyway, thanks for your help, I'm definitely siding with ezflow! hopefully they do fab training and I think I can buy from my current supplier Graftons?!

also another question for you all! when sculpting what's a good form to use as i find they never quite touch the underneath of the nail fully and obviously the acrylic just goes everywhere under nail! am I doing something wrong as would like to master that!

What forms are you using just now? The only ones that I just can't work with are the Horseshoe forms ( instruments of the Devil!!:twisted:).
Most companies now have great forms with tabs to hold the C Curve. I find the EzFlow Perfect C Curve Forms great and easy to work with.

Going by your description...sorry :o:...I don't think the problem is the actual forms, but the way they are being applied! Also could you be working with a too wet mix ratio if you are getting a lot of seepage?
This would be covered and easily sorted with any training you would go for.
Good Luck:)

I think you should spend some time here on the site looking around and doing some searches on the various companies and what they have to offer you.

It won't take you long to see and read from the technicians themselves (instead of those who are trying to promote their own business) who is the clear winner and who has won all the awards and who has the best reputation in the land! :lol: Good luck in the future.

Ezflow products are second to none; you will find a world of difference hun between what you've been using. I use them and would not change.

And I'm just a tech, not trying to promote anything for any reason other than that I think it's fab.

hi hanna...welcome to our geeky gang...ezflow and creative are very good products and i use nsi...there are alot of products around hun....you have to decide which one is best for you....i use reusable forms and competive edge aswell....reusable on myself as i cant put competive ones on myself!!!!!! search this site....you will see lots about tutorials(sculpt and forms) and if you want,put a search in about forms and alot have asked so you will get alot of questions answered!! hope that all helps hun...xxxx:hug:

anyone who answers will say what they use is the best. Personally I dont like either that has been named although EZ flows colored powders are awsome I just hate their other products but that is a personal choice. What works for one may not work for the other. There are many threads on this topic call around and ask for samples so you can try them out. I know YN gives out samples. you will find something that works well for you there are so many out there to choose from.

Good luck as far as the reverse check out Young Nails - Nail Art Products for Professionals

anyone who answers will say what they use is the best. Personally I dont like either that has been named although EZ flows colored powders are awsome I just hate their other products but that is a personal choice. What works for one may not work for the other. There are many threads on this topic call around and ask for samples so you can try them out. I know YN gives out samples. you will find something that works well for you there are so many out there to choose from.

Good luck as far as the reverse check out Young Nails - Nail Art Products for Professionals

I couldn't agree more Becca
:hug:

Odyssey Nail System is gorgeous. I have used LOT'S of product and are in love with their VIP range. Check out their website, you'll love it just by looking at it. Good luck!!

hiya...can i just ask what it was you didn't like about the other brands...?...just courious...:)

Ezflow products are second to none; you will find a world of difference hun between what you've been using. I use them and would not change.

And I'm just a tech, not trying to promote anything for any reason other than that I think it's fab.

I have to agree with you that ezflows products are excellent !, ive trained with both creative and ezflow and have continued my training with ezflow as ive found for me that the products , training and especially the support ive had from my educator are more than i could of asked for ! :)
Good luck with your training and let us know how you get on .

Latest posts

Back