Newbie Nail Tech Glasgow .....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbienailtech

Reaction score
Hiya!

I'm new to this so please bare with me guys - still finding my feet! I'm due to complete my first nail course (acrylic) with NSI on 17th december - could anyone give me some advice please? It would be much appreciated! I'm confused whether I should start out on my own and slowly build a client base or work for a salon? :irked:

speaking of salons ... if anyone knows of a salon in Glasgow willing to take on such a newbie please get in touch - I'm so keen to start!!

You will learn more and gain much more experience if you work in a salon where there are other nail techs, as they will be able to help you when you run into the difficulties that we all run into when newly qualified

Welcome..... Yes it would be a good idea to get some experience around qualified people in a salon. The only problem is a business would have to find the money to pay you, and if you are unable to work on clients, then they cannot cover your costs.

However....every student learns at a different rate and keeness is a big factor. Some students will complete a course and will already have attained an excellent skill level, others may take several months of practice.

And of course a lot depends on the training course and the teacher, not just the pupil!

I will pm you some details of how you might proceed in Glasgow:)

Latest posts

Back