Newbie needing information please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allysteele2

Reaction score
Hi all am new to this so sorry for all the questions but I was just wondering if anyone could help a do nails at home and really love it and want to get into it professional i bought a rio starter kit but now I am out of the uv gel I ain't to sure where to get more?

What is the best uv gel to use?
Where can a get this?
What's the most Popular ?
Are there any course to take in fife?
How many course do you need to take?
What is th best nail tips to use?
Also what's the best acrylic powers?

Any information even if I haven't asked for Would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Alannah

So from your post I gather you have had no training and you do your own nails at home and now you want to turn this into a business???

If this is the case, then the only advice you are most likely to get here at this stage is to.....first and foremost is to go get training BEFORE you even think about doing nails on anybody even yourself.
So to answer your question of where to get products etc, I can't recommend anywhere. Once you are booked into training, you will be given a full kit of which you will use to complete your training and the most important thing will be, you will learn how to use the products safely and perform the correct services which will reduce risks.

This is a site for professionals who have trained or are in training and I'm sorry sweetie but due to the risks involved with our profession we just can't advocate people who are not professionals buying professional products and with no training, then starting to work on anybody (even yourself).

If you do a search online on google for courses in your area, I'm sure something will come up for your area and maybe there are some members here who can help with this part of your questions.

Please don't take anything I'm saying that I mean it harshly, I don't.

Hey, Have a look on Adam Smith website. They do evening classes but you will have to do the nail care course first and then go onto the artificial nail course which covers gel, acrylic, fibreglass & silk.

As posted in order to get the best u need to b qualified. There's so much involved in nails u need to kno about contra indications anatomy etc etc.

Hi all am new to this so sorry for all the questions but I was just wondering if anyone could help a do nails at home and really love it and want to get into it professional i bought a rio starter kit but now I am out of the uv gel I ain't to sure where to get more?

What is the best uv gel to use?
Where can a get this?
What's the most Popular ?
Are there any course to take in fife?
How many course do you need to take?
What is th best nail tips to use?
Also what's the best acrylic powers?

Any information even if I haven't asked for Would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
Alannah

It's fabulous you've found something you love doing - it really makes the working day fly when you enjoy your work! However, as this is a professinal site, the replies you receive will reflect this. We have invested many, many hours in our professional training and subsequent development and as such will be unable to advise you where to purchase products to start 'doing nails'.

We can, however, advise you to get the best training you can afford. Like the old saying says, buy cheap, buy twice; invest wisely from the outset and you will not be disappointed.

There are many companies out there each offering their own products and training programmes. My personal preference is CND but my advice to you is to research, research, research. You're lucky being where you are - the fingertips centre is under an hour away from you! You could give them a call on 0131 333 3180, or call sweet squared on 0845 210 6060 for more information.

There should be no limit on the amount of courses you take if you truly want to be a nail professional - I firmly believe that education is life-long.

Good luck with your journey.

Thanks everyone for your advice I understand I defo need to get proper trannier and I have been actively seeking trainning in the area but course are all full I haven't for one minute just thought o I can do nail I have done research I have went and got the proper books that you need for courses like beauty therapy te foundations level 2 and professional beauty therapy level 3 also the complete nail technician I am well aware that nails are defo not easy to just to say I can do there are so many processes that need to be done befo doing these. It's not somthing you can learn Over night a came here for information and a little help so sorry if I have affened anyone I was just looking for information and tips thanks for all your comments.

Thanks linzi I will check that out xx

thanks misslb

Latest posts

Back