Newbie needs advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkles-x

Reaction score
hi everyone!
Well i am new as the title says.
Im 22 years old married with 2 children and one on the way and for a long time ive been bored and wanting to get my teeth into something new i found beauty! :D
I want to do a few seperate courses but im now curious if id be able to get a job with the individual courses or if i would have to go to college to study beauty. If anyone can help that would be fab! :) :p

Generally your best to get a college course, then your qualified as NVQ standard, which is what a salon would be looking for. However nail techs and similar can be built from lots of courses like L&p and such like being added onto manicure and pedicure certificates.

Brilliant thank you.
I was looking into essential nails acrylic course? would this only be good for me to go mobile? x

Yeah I think essential nails is an accredited training. Was it just nails you were looking at then generally?

I'm doing essential nails ATM but only coz I'm a single parent with no one to watch my kids while I study. If you can I would strongly advise you take classroom based classes as opposed to home based learning. Essential nails courses are food but they are very much a starter course IMO. It will work out more expensive for me in the long run but it's the best way for me. If you have no knowledge at all about nails then I would suggest you steer clear of EN

Latest posts

Back