newbie needs help please!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suey

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm new to this board and the world of nails, and seem to be addicted to both! I have gained so much knowledge from reading all the posts, thankyou everyone! Every spare minute is spent gleening more knowledge from you all! My husband has said isn't it about time I got out and earned some money as well oops lol

I've had a client (one of those rare species at the moment!) ring up as she wants her nails tidying like yesterday. She currently has fibreglass and I use gels and acrylic. is it okay to infill over the top with gel? I haven't had much practise at infills, only done a couple, (I'm always pleased if the nails last 2 weeks! oops ) It's just I don't want to mess up her nails, she is then able to go back to her normal nail tech in a fortnight.

Please help as i'm seeing her tomorrow morning pale and feeling a bit nervous!

Thankyou
Suey x

It should be fine to do the fill with gel.

Yep no problem.................
But make sure that any lifted fibreglass is buffed of. the do your stuff lol
love Ruth

Thanks Ruth and Suzanne! I'll do my best!

Suey x

Guess what guys, it was a nightmare cry

More advice now despartely needed please! I applied the gel infils and was really pleased with the result, but when it came to putting on the varnish, it went all funny and seemed to separate and bubble almost! help! The only thing i did different from normal was to use line out as I heard that it was good. Maybe I applied too much or didn't let it dry enough, please tell me what you think!

I had to virtually file all the gel off so the polish looked nice, luckily she was really nice about it all!

Feeling a bit upset and disheartened (

I'd be grateful for any advice, thanks

Suey x

suey said:
... but when it came to putting on the varnish, it went all funny and seemed to separate and bubble almost! help!
Suey x

Hi Suey,

Do you normally varnish over your gels? I dont do gels but I have in the past used Perma Gloss or similar on acrylics and each time when I applied the varnish I had the bubbling you describe - I gave up in the end and stopped using it if I was varnishing.

I know this wont help with your problem but I thought I would let you know you are not alone with bubbling gels lol.

Hi,

I only use gels but I've never had this happen to me, its not just because you're using gel, it must be the product.

Which gels do you use? is it NSI? (guessing as you use line out)

I've never used line out myself, if you do use NSI, maybe you caould call their helpdesk?

Good luck & let us know what the problem was

I've just started using akzentz gel which I like, and haven't had problems with varnish prior to today. I'm sure the line out must've had something to do with it, and maybe I didn't apply enough gel. It has got me worried about the next lot of infills!

I've heard that about the perma gloss Fiona, that you can't put varnish over the top. although you can put it over varnish I think.

I just wish i knew for sure where I went wrong!!? I should've just stayed in bed!

Thanks for your input
Suey x

suey said:
I've just started using akzentz gel which I like, and haven't had problems with varnish prior to today. I'm sure the line out must've had something to do with it, and maybe I didn't apply enough gel. It has got me worried about the next lot of infills! Suey x

Hi Suey,

Have you discussed this with Karen (NPB) - as the distributor she may have some special hints and tips on the use of the gel. What gel did you use before or are you very new.

Hi Suey - Dont get so het up over it - I can talk, I can hear all the techs shouting who know of me!!!! I'm the worlds worst worrier and doubter!!!

I had to go do an infill the other day on a client - she'd only had the nails on for 1 week! Still, it wasn't as bad as I'd expected - so no need for panic stations after all.

I'd be a rich woman if I had £5 for every time I say "Right thats it - gonna give up on nails now" - only to slope off quietly to practice or to read about nails or to flaff about in my home salon - STICK WITH IT - its worth it in the end I'm sure.

Love
Sue http://uk.msnusers.com/NailMates
xxx

I doubt that Line out would have had anything to do with this situation.
Line out would have gone under the gel application... the problem you are talking about has to do with the surface of the gel.
Are you certain the gel was fully cured and that all of the dispersion layer was removed? Those are the only 2 things I can think of that would have affected the enamel application (especially because you said that once you filed it it seemed ok)

BTW: I don't personally recommend 'fill line' removers... read the Novel on rebalancing to see why :)

Hope this helps

Hi there, don`t panic, we all have a few worries occasionally. I have found with gel nails that sometimes polish just slides straight off. Was you using a basecoat (this is a must and it helps polish to adhere better to gel) or sometimes its easier to just take shine off with the white block first. I have also used line out and I was using it after the primer instead of before like you are supposed to and I wasn`t impressed with the result. It is better to eliminate the line without it. Persevere it will be ok with practice.
Debs

Thank you everyone for your help and advice!

I did use a base coat Debs and that bubbled, it was like a thin line on certain parts of the nail! I think I'll try applying slightly more gel and to make sure i remove all the dispersion layer as the nail geek suggested. I did read the novel on rebalancing and am patiently waiting for the next instalment lol

I shall use this as a learning curve and persevere, and keep practising!!

Thanks again

Suey x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back