Newbie recommendations please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielleleigh

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I’ve just started a training course for nails and so far learnt deluxe manicures and gel polish.

I have eczema and family members have said they will help out to be models and have eczema/sensitive skin themselves so looking for recommendations on manicure hand products like creams/exfoliators for sensitive skin? I am also going to ask in class which is the best way to approach this or work around instead.

Also, I have been given a Mylee 36w UV lamp which is a massive help but wondering which is best - UV or LED? And what is the difference between them?

Thankyou! X

Hi everyone, I’ve just started a training course for nails and so far learnt deluxe manicures and gel polish.

I have eczema and family members have said they will help out to be models and have eczema/sensitive skin themselves so looking for recommendations on manicure hand products like creams/exfoliators for sensitive skin? I am also going to ask in class which is the best way to approach this or work around instead.

Also, I have been given a Mylee 36w UV lamp which is a massive help but wondering which is best - UV or LED? And what is the difference between them?

Thankyou! X

Hey I can’t comment on products suitable but I didn’t want to read and run. It is always best to use the lamp that your gel polish brand recommends. This ensures proper curing of the product and less chance of allergies occurring. With regards to UV or LED I would always say LED but just because it is a shorter curing time, no bulbs to change and this is what most gel polish brands use now. Hope that helps a little [emoji4]

Mylee is a generic lamp and unfortunately there's no guarantee it will 100% cure any product unless the brand can confirm it has been tested to cure their product . Wattage isn't the only important factor in choosing a lamp, although at 36w it won't cure INK London or The Gel Bottle gel polishes as the requirements state they need a 48w lamp. As mentioned by @LNB2304 above, it is always best to use the lamp recommended by the brand you are going to use.
For more lamp info, take a look at the pinned post at the top of the Nail section. Hopefully that'll explain it better!

I can't really offer much advice on products, but I use Eve Taylor for my facials so if I had a client with eczema I would use their colloidal oatmeal mask and ultra soothing range, but it's not specifically designed for hands, although it does a very good job!

Hey I can’t comment on products suitable but I didn’t want to read and run. It is always best to use the lamp that your gel polish brand recommends. This ensures proper curing of the product and less chance of allergies occurring. With regards to UV or LED I would always say LED but just because it is a shorter curing time, no bulbs to change and this is what most gel polish brands use now. Hope that helps a little [emoji4]
Thank you for your help! I haven’t really found a brand that I like yet as I am just starting out and the lamp was just a gift for the time being so I will be getting one when I’m more familiar with brands

Mylee is a generic lamp and unfortunately there's no guarantee it will 100% cure any product unless the brand can confirm it has been tested to cure their product . Wattage isn't the only important factor in choosing a lamp, although at 36w it won't cure INK London or The Gel Bottle gel polishes as the requirements state they need a 48w lamp. As mentioned by @LNB2304 above, it is always best to use the lamp recommended by the brand you are going to use.
For more lamp info, take a look at the pinned post at the top of the Nail section. Hopefully that'll explain it better!

I can't really offer much advice on products, but I use Eve Taylor for my facials so if I had a client with eczema I would use their colloidal oatmeal mask and ultra soothing range, but it's not specifically designed for hands, although it does a very good job!
I had no idea that those brands need a 48w lamp!! Thanks for the heads up! I am going to get a more specific lamp when I get more familiar with brands and one that I like.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will have a look at the range and see what’s to offer.

Latest posts

Back