Newbie Shellac checklist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsSarahLou93

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm going to book my course with Sweet Squared today for next month! Eeek!
Once I have completed that, I am planning on starting my own business from home. At the moment I am writing down everything I am going to need and I was wondering whether anyone had a checklist just to make sure I haven't forgotten anything?
I'll only be doing shellac polish :)

Also, does anyone have any places to buy a nail station? I don't want to go all out just yet and was wondering whether a desk would do, or if it had to be a nail station?
Please no negativity - this is a new and exciting world for me! Thank you :) xx

Once you have done your training you will have a much clearer picture of what you will need to have to get up and running. If you are purchasing a kit with the training then this will have a lot in it too.
It's good that you are planning with a list at this point because so many people spend money before they have trained only to discover that they have bought unnecessary items.

When buying a table, I would always get a proper manicure table with an acetone resistant surface and a daylight / led lamp to attach onto it.
Consider the size carefully for the space you have at home. You will also need shelving or a trolley to keep your products on and some way of displaying your colours.

Once you have done your training you will have a much clearer picture of what you will need to have to get up and running. If you are purchasing a kit with the training then this will have a lot in it too.
It's good that you are planning with a list at this point because so many people spend money before they have trained only to discover that they have bought unnecessary items.

When buying a table, I would always get a proper manicure table with an acetone resistant surface and a daylight / led lamp to attach onto it.
Consider the size carefully for the space you have at home. You will also need shelving or a trolley to keep your products on and some way of displaying your colours.

Thank you so much for your reply! I was thinking I will feel clearer once training is done as I deffo do not want to spend money I don't have to! I was thinking that getting a proper table was also worth it rather than a desk but just thought I'd check.
Excited to get started! So thank you :)

Have a look on eBay for a secondhand nail station you can get a real bargain, I wouldn’t suggest buying products from there as you really should by direct from distributor or as mentioned previously from your chosen course supplier.
Wishing you all the best x

Have a look on eBay for a secondhand nail station you can get a real bargain, I wouldn’t suggest buying products from there as you really should by direct from distributor or as mentioned previously from your chosen course supplier.
Wishing you all the best x

I never thought of eBay, so thank you! I'll have a nosey tonight and see what's about. I was planning on buying my products from Sweet Squared once qualified to ensure they are genuine. Thank you again :) xx

Latest posts

Back