Newbie waxing question about heating wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
Hi there
I have just completed my waxing course and ordered my perron rigot euroblond and ocean and my 2 hive heaters (1000cc). I have got a guinea pig coming round tomorrow to let me try out my newly acquired skills:eek:
what i would like to know is, should i put the whole bag of wax pellets (euroblonde) into the hive heater (I will only be doing her bikini line and possibley eyebrows with it) and also how long does it take to heat up? and last question, does wax go off? or will that just stay in my pot until I use it, regardless of length of time.
thanks in advance

Hi

Could you drop Kim an email, I don't use the hive system yet and if it wasn't discussed whilst on your course, I'm sure she wouldn't mind advising.

Have you tried searching as there are lots of threads about the wax in question.

Sorry I couldn't be much help!

Yeah I did a search before I posted but couldn't find anything about my specific questions. I've checked the handout I got but it doesn't say how long it takes the wax to heat from pellet or if wax goes off. I suppose I should have asked on my course but had a million and one things buzzing through my head. I just don't really want to fill my hive heater with my whole bag if it goes off

Hiya! It doesn't go off, so fill the heater with beads. X

ooh thank youy both, now all i need is confidence and a smile (and of course the ability to remember what I did in my training) wish me luck :wink2:

Sorry but did you train with me? I don't recognise you from your pic or geek name:) I do tell you in the manual but fill with beads and turn on hight for 20 mins then turn down to the temp that I tell you in your manual. x

Sorry but did you train with me? I don't recognise you from your pic or geek name:) I do tell you in the manual but fill with beads and turn on hight for 20 mins then turn down to the temp that I tell you in your manual. x

hi kim yes i trained with you in Edinburgh a few weeks ago (i was the only geordie in the group). didnt think i had changed that much from my pic last year:lick:

I did look in the manual, I could find the hive settings that I need to be on, but couldnt find where it said how long it took to melt from pellet form, also I didnt know if the wax would go off, which if it did, and i filled the whole hive heater, i would be limiting myself as I wont be waxing too much until I have got confidence to do it on the paying public and i didnt want to waste it.
Thanks for getting back to me though x

Karen

hi kim yes i trained with you in Edinburgh a few weeks ago (i was the only geordie in the group). didnt think i had changed that much from my pic last year:lick:

I did look in the manual, I could find the hive settings that I need to be on, but couldnt find where it said how long it took to melt from pellet form, also I didnt know if the wax would go off, which if it did, and i filled the whole hive heater, i would be limiting myself as I wont be waxing too much until I have got confidence to do it on the paying public and i didnt want to waste it.
Thanks for getting back to me though x

Karen
Oh it's you Karen! Sorry, I didn't recognise you in you going out clothes:).

You're always welcome to email or call me, [email protected]. Xx

Latest posts

Back