Newbie!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcat85

Reaction score
Hi All

Im new to this forum, I am 22 years old and I am just about to start my NSI training, I can't wait to become a mobile nail technician.

I currently have a full time job and am planning on doing nails in my spare time until hopefully I can do it part time, if not full time! Ambious I know!

Any advise on getting me started as a mobile tech would be appreciated!

Pinkcat x

Hi
Welcome to the site. :hug:

Hi All

Im new to this forum, I am 22 years old and I am just about to start my NSI training, I can't wait to become a mobile nail technician.

I currently have a full time job and am planning on doing nails in my spare time until hopefully I can do it part time, if not full time! Ambious I know!

Any advise on getting me started as a mobile tech would be appreciated!

Pinkcat x
Hi and welcome Pinkcat,I guess the only real advice I can give you is practice,practice and practice.Sadly a lot of techs are under the false illusion that once they finish their course they can get out into the big old world and start working away.The reality is that it takes a great deal of time and lots of practice to become a half decent tech.It looks sooo easy but it's not at all,it takes a great deal of dedication and commitment.

Anyway,good luck,enjoy your course and once you start your training practice all you can.:hug:xx

Hi and welcome

This is the best move you have made so far in your education, with the help of this site you will succeed in your ambition if you follow the advice.:hug:

Thanks all, I have been reading through some other posts and there is def alot to learn but everyone seems really nice and willing to help.

I know there is alot of hard work to be done, I have already started getting friends and family lined up to practice on! I am soo excited/motivated to do this, I wanted to do beauty therapy when i left school and the careers advised talked me out of it = been working in a office ever since! :irked:

So i've decided to get myself sorted with training and see what I can do! :green:

Im doing my training with NSI i read alot about all the different places but spoke to a local tutor who teachers through NSI and she was really nice so cant wait to get started!

Pinkcat x

Welcome to the site.:hug: I wish you all the best with your training.

i too, started just like you. i worked full time then did a course and lots of practising on friends and families. Through these i was recommended and started to build up a client base and went part time at work and did nails from my home part time. i now rent a space in a salon and have given up my previous job, not only that, i still work part time due to family commitments but earn more than i did in my previous employment!! so you go for it girl.. the world is your oyster!!
Sarah
xx

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your training.

I started out mobile four years ago and my business has built up nicely, mainly through word of mouth recommendations which is lovely, I am busier than I used to be and now work from home . . . it is a fab business to be in, and if you work for yourself your hours can be as flexible as you want them to be . . .

lots of luck x

Welcome to the site x

Latest posts

Back