Newly hair extension technician seeking guidance please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikkipie80

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm about to start advertising for hair extensions but I'm struggling to figure out what's the best approach regarding ordering hair.
If you get a client who wants a full head of hair, you then order that hair at your expense but what if they don't show or cancel last minute what are you all doing to cover yourself for things like that? Or what did you do once starting out?
Obviously could ask for deposits but being new and trying to gain clientele deposits may put them off?

Appreciate any advice you can give this newbie :)

Thank you!

Don’t worry , most clients expect to pay a deposit and you can mention it as part of your consultation so there’s no surprises. Even put a section on the bottom of your aftercare sheet? Terms of business.. cancellation fees etc.

I now get clients to pay in full for their hair extensions prior to their installation. and then they pay for the install upon completion of service.

I do the same. Deposit is the cost of the hair and the rest of install cost etc is paid when its completed.

Did your hair extension training company not explain to you how to do a consultation and take the deposit up front. Most clients will pay a deposit without hesitation dont be put off by asking as you need to cover your costs. X

Persi
Hi everyone, I'm about to start advertising for hair extensions but I'm struggling to figure out what's the best approach regarding ordering hair.
If you get a client who wants a full head of hair, you then order that hair at your expense but what if they don't show or cancel last minute what are you all doing to cover yourself for things like that? Or what did you do once starting out?
Obviously could ask for deposits but being new and trying to gain clientele deposits may put them off?

Appreciate any advice you can give this newbie :)

Thank you
Personally I'd be taking a non refundable 50% deposit or more if that doesn't cover the cost of the Hair.

Persi

Personally I'd be taking a non refundable 50% deposit or more if that doesn't cover the cost of the Hair.
Yep we cant be out of pocket at all! I remember when I started off i never used to take a deposit at all and the amount of clients who had either changed there mind or didn’t turn up was unbelievable. I dont do anything like that got my fingers burnt a lot years ago so no payment no hair x

Inrmeb
Yep we cant be out of pocket at all! I remember when I started off i never used to take a deposit at all and the amount of clients who had either changed there mind or didn’t turn up was unbelievable. I dont do anything like that got my fingers burnt a lot years ago so no payment no hair x
I remember a client years ago booked her hair extensions fitment with another salon and came to have her hair done and decided to change her colour..... But she'd already paid for the extensions beforehand and seemed dumbfounded when she turned up to her fitment with different colour hair and they couldn't fit the extensions?? 🤣

I would never carry out a consultation and colour match and then have a client come back a month later for a fitting from colour matching to having the extensions fitted its a week

We would love to speak with you regarding some of our trade account benefits!

Hair Rehab London provide a wide range of hair extensions, hair accessories and styling tools to the retail and trade markets. We make great hair achievable for all. From our price-conscious easy to fit Instant Range to our award-winning quality Clip-in’s to our long-life industry recognised Salon Professional range. We support the sale of our products with easy to follow tutorials and style inspiration and we raise the bar across the industry by insuring all of our staff are ABT qualified and able to help with any technical advice. We are one of the most recognised Hair Extension brands in the UK and overseas. Over the last fifteen years, we have ensured our customers can have the hair of their dreams through a wide choice of high quality products in a myriad of shades delivered with exceptional customer service from a company that is as passionate about hair as you are.

WHY WORK WITH HAIR REHAB LONDON?
  • No minimum spend per order
  • Competitive trade discount
  • Next day delivery and 4pm cut-off
  • Regular e-newsletters & Whatsapp broadcasts with exclusive discounts
  • Award-winning quality hair available in 5 methods and 5 lengths
  • Dedicated Account Manager and 24/7 support team
  • Promotion and exposure on our Social Media channels (combined reach 2.5M)
  • A listing on our Approved Salon Directory
  • Special event invitations and opportunities for celeb collaborations
xx

Latest posts

Back