Newly qualified pricing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzieish

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm really struggling with how to figure out my pricing and need some advice. I finish my Level 2 qualification next month and have a few clients at the moment but I don't know how to properly figure out my pricing, what do you take into consideration when figuring out yours?

On top of that, I will be slightly cheaper as I'm new so, of course cannot be charging the same as someone who has been doing the job for years.

At the moment, I'm charging £20 for gel extensions with polish (gel or normal polish) and £10 for gel polish on natural nails. I do nail art but haven't been charging extra. I have just pulled these figures out of the air though so I need to make sure I'm charging correctly.

I'm also not sure what to charge for spa mani and pedis?

Any advice will be really helpful

Thank you!

Can't help with specific pricing - just starting out myself! But I would say don't under sell yourself - you'll find it hard to put prices up once you're established. If you want to offer lower prices (and encourage new clients) then maybe set your prices at where you want to be and offer a 'new client' discount? Or offer 'model prices' for training before getting going. Hope this helps and good luck :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey Hun,
I contacted a few local salons in area to see what they were charging and compared that with other home salons. I then matched to them and on a couple of treatments I don't do much of, I charge £1-2 less than my competitors. I know some places charge more than others so keep up with what's going on around you xx

At the moment, I'm charging £20 for gel extensions with polish (gel or normal polish) and £10 for gel polish on natural nails. I do nail art but haven't been charging extra. I have just pulled these figures out of the air though so I need to make sure I'm charging correctly.

Charge for everything!!!!

Charge what you are worth! You have just spent all that time (and probably money) training. You are worth charging the prices of a qualified technician because you are one!!! (Well you will be ;) )

Have one price for extensions (I'd include a standard polish with this)

Add AT LEAST £5 (I'd actually say more like £10-15) gel polish is way more expensive than standard polish and much more time consuming!

I would also charge at least £15-20 for the gel polish. All the unqualified techs around here charge a tenner. When I started out I thought I needed to charge the same to get business. No one touched me because they thought I was another unqualified tech who'd picked up a kit on fleabay. Once I put my prices up a bit I gained more clients!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's so daunting charging a reasonable rate for your work. After 6 months in a salon and 2yrs qualified I only just feel confident in charging the extra for bits of nail art and gel polish rather than normal etc. one thing I would say is that the less you charge the more problems you're likely to get...if people haven't paid very much they seem less inclined to look after them! Good luck xx

Aw thank you so much for all your responses, contacting salons about their prices is a good idea as I'm not sure what the prices are like in Manchester.

I have told my clients that I will be increasing my prices when I am qualified and they all seemed ok with.

Oh and that's very useful about the £10-£15 gel polish I hadn't thought about the extra time it takes meaning extra cost!

Again thank you kindly :)

Latest posts

Back