Newly qualified

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxlisacbxx

Reaction score
Hi I am a newly qualified level 2 hairdresser and I have a query.
I'm trained in blondor and a client has come to me asking to go blonde from a base 7. This is all very well except she used various different box colours to try herself and ended up orange to which she then put a brown on.
I realise my only option is bleach. She doesn't want the highlighted effect just pure blonde. I suggested highlights to start and gradually build them up. Is this the best way?

Hi I am a newly qualified level 2 hairdresser and I have a query.
I'm trained in blondor and a client has come to me asking to go blonde from a base 7. This is all very well except she used various different box colours to try herself and ended up orange to which she then put a brown on.
I realise my only option is bleach. She doesn't want the highlighted effect just pure blonde. I suggested highlights to start and gradually build them up. Is this the best way?

You need to strand test first and work out what your dealing with , you then have evidence to show to your client what level you will be working with . you have to take the clients condition/ strength into consideration HTH x

Sounds to me like highlights would be the best option.. Without causing too much damage!

does sound like she's put a lot of colour on it, as long as you explain that she may not get as blonde as she wants to be first time you highlight it but it will be a lot better for her hair condtion in the end it will be fine :) xxx

Thank you all for your help. I had originally done a test with cream bleach and it lifted to a 10 quite nicely but I chose the highlight option only the t section to start and it came out lovely! It didn't need toning either!
Thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back