Newly qualified

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha johns

Kettering, Northamptonshire
Reaction score
Hi ya after some advice, I have been qualified in gel polish for years but to gain another skill I am newly qualified in gel enhancements my issue is that I'm struggling finding clients to have them I have done them at a lower price so I can gain experience and speed up my times and perfect my shaping plus take photos to build my portfolio but still nothing. Has anyone been in this situation what did you do to get out of it?? Thank you in advance x

Hi hun like you I qualified in gel polish and now acrylic too. I have started in a salon on a Saturday to gain experience also find this has been really helpful for me . Good luck x

Wow did you just message local salons and ask if you could volunteer?x

I was looking for a nail desk on gumtree and came across a desk rental for £20 at a salon not far from me . I explained I was new however practiced a lot on colour swatches etc ... they where happy to have me and I only charge £10 per client to cover my costs. It's going really well x

Wow that's interesting thank you for commenting x x

Do your clients ever complain that they’ve broken a nail?
If not you could explain how you could add a little bit length to that short nail or even out the length etc

Hi yes in the past I have had clients that have split a nail squirt far down so I have offered to put an overlay ove the top so that the client can grow the split out. To be honest I have just started up again so I'm starting from scratch as I was helping a friend with his burger business, which I wish I had never of done now as I was busy before. [emoji29]

Latest posts

Back