Newly trained

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari123

Reaction score
Hi

I did my lash training 4 days ago and am feeling pretty deflated already. My sister was my model but it came to light she had extremely sensitive eyes and ended up with really red watery eyes during treatment. Only got half a set on one eye and trainer advised to leave the eye due yo red it was. The trainer ensured me it wasn't anything i had done and was due to the fumes from the glue. Any way I wasn't 100% happy at my first attempt at lashes. I have since brought a training head with training lashes just to concentrate on isolation and speed. I thought it would help me before I start my case studies. After using it i just feel like I'm terrible. Any tips? I really want to be good x thanks

Hi
Please don’t feel deflated. Lashing is a lot harder than it looks so is something that takes time and a lot of practicing to master. Working on a mannequin head is great for practicing isolation but remember the practice lashes are plastic so sometimes when you place the extension they can feel like they are sliding around. If you are still feeling unsure maybe your trainer can send you through a short video re showing you how to hold your tweezers, isolation and placement. Also holding your tweezers correctly with the right amount of pressure and also sitting at the correct height makes a lot of difference when applying the lashes. When you have picked up the extension and have dipped in the glue you want to be holding the extension parallel to the natural lash making sure you are attaching the base first and the position of the lash is in the correct direction. X

Latest posts

Back