Newspaper nails & Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelcmn

Reaction score
I've done these with polish before and I was just wondering if any of you have tried it using shellac? which method did you use? 

I saw these for the first time the other day and would LOVE to do these with shellac do if anyone has any knowledge about it pleeeeease share!!! Xx

Ps how did u do them with polish? Iv heard so many different methods xx

Once the polish is completely dry, place a piece if newspaper ( darker the ink the better result) onto the nail. Take a piece of cotton wool soaked ( I used vodka) and place on top making the newspaper wet. Hold for 20/30 secs and pull the paper off. These are some I done for my daughter

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344929386.536745.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344929386.536745.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 10,831
Clearly my next project... Love them

I'm sure you could do it right on top of the tacky layer of colour using a newspaper and D.sperse and then the top coat to finish. Try it and see? There would be nothing harmful in trying it.

I'm sure you could do it right on top of the tacky layer of colour using a newspaper and D.sperse and then the top coat to finish. Try it and see? There would be nothing harmful in trying it.

Or you could try finishing off your whole application, removing tacky layer from top coat, applying the method above, then another top coat to seal in? Then this way, if you make a mistake, you can wipe off and try again until you achieve the look you want. This is how I do my Konad now :wink2:

I'm def having a play later and will upload a piccy X

I haven't tried this but surely if you put paper on to tacky layer of shellac, it would stick! This leave bits of paper stuck to nail and not just print! I think finishing shellac application would be a better way. Like I said just my opinion, haven't tried!!! Would love to hear from you when you have tried. I may get chance today I between clients but would need to go out and buy paper!! Lol

I haven't tried this but surely if you put paper on to tacky layer of shellac, it would stick! This leave bits of paper stuck to nail and not just print! I think finishing shellac application would be a better way. Like I said just my opinion, haven't tried!!! Would love to hear from you when you have tried. I may get chance today I between clients but would need to go out and buy paper!! Lol

The paper is wet so it shouldn't stick and the surface layer is not that tacky but you can only try it .. if it does not work then try a different way. I'm sure someone will find a way.

I haven't tried it with shellac, but have with normal nail varnish and it's looks fab.
Will have a play with shellac and let you know if I find how to do it...

I've done it!!! not with Dsperse though, the print wouldnt transfer and I didn't have any vodka handy (hiccup) so after the second layer of colour I placed the piece of paper onto the colour pop and sprayed with water.. Held in place for 20 secs with cotton wool and hey presto!!then top coat. The only issue is the water in-between the last layer and the top coat and the service affect??ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345555246.605953.jpg

Well done you!! I had a play but couldn't do it! Soo going to try it later thou!! Xx

Let us know how you get on X

I u tubed this ages ago and they used isopropyl alcohol. That would work fine after finishing shellac, then topcoat again.

oooh I need to try this!!

I u tubed this ages ago and they used isopropyl alcohol. That would work fine after finishing shellac, then topcoat again.

When I tried using dsperse (ipa) it just removed the sticky layer and the print didn't stay x

I tried it and it worked fine maybe your newspaper is different to ours. I just cut paper placed on nail then sprayed till saturated and peeled paper away.

I can't wait to try this! Looks so cool :)

Latest posts

Back