Newspaper nails with Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naked Nails

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have done a search but can't find an answer.

Does anyone know the technique (or if it can be done at all) of newspaper print nails on Shellac?

I know how to do it with normal polish but I've had a request for it with Shellac.

Thanks in advance.

Kate :)

why don't you give it a try on your little finger, <or big toe if you are wearing varnish> yourself? its whats i do if i cant find an answer or need to see what something looks like.

What is newspaper nails? Sounds interesting!x

If you're just using normal polish:

Prepare nails as usual.
Apply base coat.
Apply pale colour like light grey.
Dip dry nail in rubbing alcohol for about five seconds.
Take a piece of newspaper (with writing on) and rub on nail for about 15 seconds or so.
Carefully peel off and you will have the news print on your nail.
Apply top coat and then you're done.

I want to do the same thing with Shellac but I don't know if it will work.

That sounds so cool! Have you tried yet with shellac? I reckon you prob just do it on the tacky layer as most things seem to stick to that! Would be interested to hear how you get on! :) x

I haven't tried it yet as I was hoping someone on here might have tried. I might give it a go tomorrow. You are probably right doing it on the tacky layer. I will try one finger and see how I go.

Don't rub the newspaper on to the nail or the words will smear!

I do base coat, colour and let dry.
Then spray nail with hygiene spray and carefully place newspaper on the nail plate, peel off - I left my daughter on for around 3 seconds.
Let dry then top coat.

The written word will be backwards of course but they look fab.
I think I have a pic of my daughters toes in my albums.

Type into a search on here ' who was it that asked about newspaper manicures' there is loads of info on that thread! x

DSC00720.jpg

these newspaper nails are done with shellac, after 2 coats of colour coat lightly remover inhibition layer, and soak newsprint in IPA and then place and hold onto the surface of the nail , remove and top coat, what i have found is that not all news print work !

View attachment 11086

these newspaper nails are done with shellac, after 2 coats of colour coat lightly remover inhibition layer, and soak newsprint in IPA and then place and hold onto the surface of the nail , remove and top coat, what i have found is that not all news print work !
Hi there,
What newspaper print do you find to be the best to use? Thanks :)

View attachment 11086

Great. Thanks for that :D

I did thin layer of base two thin layers of colour white cure each layer in led lamp lightly remove inhibitor layer with lint free wipe with a little cleanse on it. SOAK NEWPAPER IN WATER NOT IPA!!!! Press newspaper firmly on nail let transfer dry a little before topcoating. Best way

I did thin layer of base two thin layers of colour white cure each layer in led lamp lightly remove inhibitor layer with lint free wipe with a little cleanse on it. SOAK NEWPAPER IN WATER NOT IPA!!!! Press newspaper firmly on nail let transfer dry a little before topcoating. Best way

Though the info is of course useful, this thread is over 5 years old ;)

Latest posts

Back