Next competition on the site??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should the next comp be??

• Salon nails

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Themed nails with nailart

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Hair

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Hair and nails photo

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Nail biters before and after pics

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Nails to match jewellery

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters

1999judy

Reaction score
i have been looking for someone to organize a hair and nail photographic comp

both hair and nails to be judged seperately combining a hair geek a nail geek and an overall photo shot to be judged but i havn't got time to do it myself

bit like a geeky shoot out

Hair & nails.. sounds fun.

HOW ABOUT, a comp that is themed? I remember seeing somewhere comp pics for something re: the 40's? or the 70's?
Your subject has to be costumed/coiffed/made up/nails done.......
Not necessarily about the best 'pic' because not everyone is a fantastic photographer or has the best camera etc, but about the :costume/hair/makeup & nails?
The whole package? (and of course, close-up pics on the nails must be included to be sure that they 'go' with the package?)
Mind you, for those that haven't dabbled at all of it, could be tough.

Myself, I'm a former hairdresser/makeup artist... so although rusty and out of the field for years, I'd give it a go.

OR
how about "Rock-n-Roll" nails?
OR
nails targetted at representing the current times: like technology (cds/pc's, etc) and current fashion trends, current music, etc? Something that says "YES IT'S 2007"
OR
Nails that match your pet
OR
Nails that match your hobby/interests "What's your hobby"
OR
Self portrait
OR
Nails about your kids
OR
Nails that match a car
OR
ummmm I ran out of ideas for the moment LOL

And no, I don't have time to organize.

I'm so busy, I can FINALLY become premie (attn: sam, you'll be getting my premie payment next week WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

hth's
:green:

ooohhh that sounds like fun xx

Any comp sounds like fun, i dont do hair so that could be really fun lol:hug:

How about a Salon Nails Comp??

This can be P&W, Custom blends, Polished nails...
But no nail art.........just for a change?????

A little thought, that's all!:)

One geek (no names mentioned lol) said to me about having a comp where the nails match the watch or jewellery, how's that sound?
Kind of like a Dress the Jewels kind of thing!

we still have one more round of the ring challenge yet, out of the last 5 entrants only 2 have confirmed they can do it this week so if anyone cant wait for the next comp, let me know and i'll fit you in for the ring challenge.

I think it is a fab idea to combined both hair and nail geeks on this next comp.

a comp where the nails match the watch or jewellery
Since we already had the ring contest. Let's give the hair geeks a chance to play?

Even if you don't work in a hair salon, there are hair geeks on here that you can work with. That is IF both hair and nail doesn't have to be on the same model...

I like Victorias idea of the 60's or 70's look Or Rock and Roll.

But I guess it depends on how many hair geeks want to get involved.

I like the idea of a salon nail or a dress a jewel comp:)

Since we already had the ring contest. Let's give the hair geeks a chance to play?
It wasn't to design a ring (as per the current challenge) but to design the nails to match the jewellery/watch.

No problems giving the hair geeks a chance to compete, just offering ideas :green:

What about a before and after for the dreaded nail biters nails,
just another little idea for what i can see will be numerous future comps :hug:

I fancy a salon nail comp, solely because I don't have time to do the other ones...I could take some pics before and after of salon nails...although my camera is crap at close ups...Hope will confirm this also as she has the same camera!

I fancy a salon nail comp, solely because I don't have time to do the other ones...I could take some pics before and after of salon nails...although my camera is crap at close ups...Hope will confirm this also as she has the same camera!

What is "salon nail comp"??? No art? Ummmm toughie for me, since all my clients came to be BECAUSE of the nail art :lol:

What is "salon nail comp"??? No art? Ummmm toughie for me, since all my clients came to be BECAUSE of the nail art :lol:

Just thought it would be an idea to have a chance to practice the skills we have for doing the nails that you produce in every day occurrence. "Nail Comp" nails are a totally different thing, and something we as nail techs don't produce on a daily basis.

I like the idea of a before and after picture, Cathie. Perhaps it can be marked on the over all transformation, along side the general stuff, like smiles, sidewalls, line of light etc.

:)

OK I've added a poll so that we can get something organised x

OK hun i have voted and replied cos i wanted to bump this up so it gets some more votes :hug:

Just bumping this one to see who's interested and to get some more of you to vote x

I went with Salon nail comp because we have had lots of nail art ones :biggrin:

Make it a multiple reply cos I'd like either salon nail or nailbiter make over.....I can't do the arty ones in the time I have.....well I probably couldn't if I had all day lol!

Latest posts

Back