Next sale!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazybek

Reaction score
:D
So come on guys,own up......

Who went and di you get any bargains???

I went.Was there at 4.40am ready and waiting!Got loads of bargains,got home and sorted and was in work by 8am!

Madness i know:suprised:

you got there at what time?! i've never been into Next but i have to admit after hearing all my clients go on about their bargins i may have to tag along to a future sale!

I went to next clearance last week and got 3 bikinis, proper bra size ones, for £28!!!! for 3 bikinis!!!! and they were amazing!!!

I did sit at my computer and wait for the M&S sale, managed to order my stuff at 5.30 when the sale was supposed to start at 8pm muhahaha!

also I went on the matalan secret sale yesterday and got £100 of stuff for £50, but i went abit overboard and some of the stuff i bought i'm wondering why i did... a cuddly toy pear shaped door stop... hmmmm think that will be going back!

I went online and bought a coffee table, 2 side tables and a rug. Oh dear......

I had a VIP slot on Wednesday at 6 and got lots of bargains. Very happy. Never done the early morning queuing thing tho, I'm nt an early riser n the nearest next store to me is 45 minutes away.

I nipped into town this afternoon to see what all the fuss was about and hardly any sale items left.It was packed and people can be so rude when looking through the rails,i just had to leave pronto.
I did nip into good old primarni's and bought a few things.
I didnt know matalan had a sale hmmmm might nip tomorrow lol :D
I went into new look the other day and bought £72 worth of items for £21 :)

i cued at 3.30am!! was first in the cue and spent a shocking £500!!! lmao even when i read that now i could cry, Im thinking it would have been better to have just avoided the sale at all! not sure if i got a bargin or not lol xxx

To be honest I've never understood what the fuss is about, next seem to take all the decent stuff in and bring out the same old crap from the last 5 years that's been in the storeroom. I went in today for something else and it was all sale stuff and I didn't bother to look

To be honest I've never understood what the fuss is about, next seem to take all the decent stuff in and bring out the same old crap from the last 5 years that's been in the storeroom. I went in today for something else and it was all sale stuff and I didn't bother to look

Agree x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

... I didn't even realise there was a sale on (oops!) but am very impressed by your dedication! x

I work in retail ( not in next but next door) and I have to say I find people who get up and go at silly o'clock in the morning pretty selfish. Theres no need for anybody to have to shop that early and I know from experience of working in my own shop that were there til atleast 1 in the morning most of the week before sale before it's ready (unpaid might I add). Were then there at 8 in the morning , or 4 in the case of next, and have to deal with rude, arrogant people all day and clean up after people and then deal with people who moan that things are ripped. Also most people will return 80% of what they buy in sale. Sorry if you guys think I am harsh but it really gets my back up.

Going later today had VIP slot though haven't got anything I wanted or the sizes available x

I was there at 4.30 queueing and got loads for the kids. I'm a next addict and go to every sale at stupid times to get a load of stuff for the kids. I got about , 20 outfits for my youngest. I have 4 kids so works out loads cheaper to stock up in the sale. I usually get loads of homeward as well but didn't get much this time xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I got a microwave, kettle, toaster & cups for my new house, & bought my little sister a cute outfit for her birthday. I don't always go to the sale but glad I did yesterday as I got a right bargain x

I work in retail ( not in next but next door) and I have to say I find people who get up and go at silly o'clock in the morning pretty selfish. Theres no need for anybody to have to shop that early and I know from experience of working in my own shop that were there til atleast 1 in the morning most of the week before sale before it's ready (unpaid might I add). Were then there at 8 in the morning , or 4 in the case of next, and have to deal with rude, arrogant people all day and clean up after people and then deal with people who moan that things are ripped. Also most people will return 80% of what they buy in sale. Sorry if you guys think I am harsh but it really gets my back up.

So agree with you! I feel so bad for the staff who have to be working till and from silly o'clock and get nothing but abuse for it. I couldn't do it I'd snap lol.
I'm not a Next fan but popped into the Glasgow store yesterday whilst waiting to be picked up. Was there purely to waste time not money but I stumbled upon a pair of shoes that were just meant to be mine. Size 5 black patent wedges sitting in the size 9 section. Only pair left in the shop looked identical to the £150 pair from LK Benet I'd been eyeing up for ages but couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I'm in love 😍

purely selfless if u ask me!getting up at 3.45am to go and buy double the amount of clothes for my 3 kids for half the normal price!I can't afford to clothe all 3 at once on a normal shop.
I was home and at work by 8am for a fully booked day.

I wouldn't call that selfish.

in our industry we work late nights and weekends and Xmas is a killer but nobody feels sorry for us di they?
I fully accept that in this job that's what we do and we don't get paid for all the extra hours we put in.
When someone works in a shop that opens at theses times its part of it.xx

When I'm in Tesco on Xmas eve buying fresh vrg for Xmas day I dint boycott it because I feel sorry for the staff,its their job.

My kids loved their clothes and I may be knackered but I'm happy!!x

purely selfless if u ask me!getting up at 3.45am to go and buy double the amount of clothes for my 3 kids for half the normal price!I can't afford to clothe all 3 at once on a normal shop.
I was home and at work by 8am for a fully booked day.

I wouldn't call that selfish.

in our industry we work late nights and weekends and Xmas is a killer but nobody feels sorry for us di they?
I fully accept that in this job that's what we do and we don't get paid for all the extra hours we put in.
When someone works in a shop that opens at theses times its part of it.xx

When I'm in Tesco on Xmas eve buying fresh vrg for Xmas day I dint boycott it because I feel sorry for the staff,its their job.

My kids loved their clothes and I may be knackered but I'm happy!!x

Love it bek! agree 100%

I can't believe a happy thread is being stopped in its tracks about people being selfish! I have worked in retail (probs most high street shops ) and it's part and parcel of the job! Plus you get paid! That's life! ;)x

Last edited:
I feel I better add I wasn't agreeing with it being selfish, if I was I'd be a bit of a hypocrite as if it was a shop I loved I'd probably be there camped out haha.
It's the staff being there late at night and starting really early when some customers are just plain nasty, aggressive and abusive( I work in retail and have experienced it too many times).
I maybe should have cropped my quote to the relevant part but don't know how to do it on iPhone 😊

Hey guys thats what a forum is about isnt it?
We are not all going to agree on everything because if we did we wouldnt bother posting comments or threads.

The way i see it is that a sale is a sale and if it happens to be at stupid o clock in the morning then so be it.

I will be there with bells on :D:D
:lick:

Next sales are ok. The children's clothing and office suits are the best to me.

I've done the early morning thing in the past and totally enjoyed it.

What really really annoys me is when certain members of the public go into the Next sale with about 5 family members and greedily fill up those transparent plastic bags with about 10 pairs of shoes and many many other items. I witnessed this yesterday in every single Next that I went into (there are 3 in my town). It makes me sick to see how people can be greedy for material things. My only belief is that the stuff is either resold or exported.

My boys are older now and would look at me very strangely if I bought them any item of clothing.

Bought 2 pairs of comfy working shoes; one of the Davina ones in black and a nude colour.

Someone's feet really stunk around the shoe section - should have given her my card to come in for a pedicure; or maybe not!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back