Next Step Beauty - refund problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prillydarby14

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Next Step Beauty cancelled my pedicure course and are now refusing to issue me a full refund as they claim I accessed online training matierials.
Has anyone else had the same or similar problems with this company?
I have now got tradin standards involved but it looks as if I might end up taking them to the small claims court. I wondered if any of you had success in reclaiming a full refund?

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

April

Can I ask if amy of you had any luck with a refund? This company have just moved all 4 of my booked courses back to dates I can't do because the trainer is off. And again because I entered the student portal thr refund would be peanuts.

Hey Mandy,
Eventually I had to travel to a different location in order to do the course. So it got sorted in that respect, but I think if it wasn't for that then I would have had to go through the courts. Can they offer you a different location that's not too far from wherever you are? You just have to be careful because as soon as I told them that if it wasn't resolved then I would have to contact a solicitor, the admin staff dealing with me pretty much refused to speak to me because they said that once soliciters and the legal route was mentioned then they 'weren't allowed to speak to me' and it would all have to be done via solicitor letters. So eventually I had to get a family member to speak to them on my behalf and help me deal with it. So much hassle but the course itself was really good.
I really hope you get it sorted, I know how much hassle it was for me and how horrible it is for them to apparently be entitled to all that money. Let us know how you get on. Good luck xxx

They are quite difficult to deal with. Two girls on my course had to reschedule the review day (one had been in hospital with her little one) and had to pay £90 admin fee. I booked the complete nail tech course which I paid nearly £500 for then we were offered the gel polish add on for £90 which I paid there and then. That night on Facebook I had an offer from them offering a free course if you spent £250 or above on a course. I contacted them to see if I could redeem this as I'd spent the £500 on the course then paid the extra £90 for the add on. I was told they'd only honour it if I spent another £250 on another course!! I can't fault our trainer she was amazing but xxxxxxxx was emailing me about the offer telling me it wasn't on Facebook at all! I never got a refund.

[named individual removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey yeah I'm hoping my courses will actually go ahead next month. They moved my waxing course but not my intimate waxing, so I phoned to check if it was going to be a problem doing the intimate one first and the lady said I can't do without the waxing :/ which they moved. So now I don't know when I'll get the intimate one because there's no other dates! Hopefully the actual course will be good and work the hassle. My salon boss will be losing patience if it drags on much longer x

Hi,
I have just taken Next Step Beauty to the County Court and won!!!! I booked 4 courses back in August 2014 they were cancelled 3 times in a row. They offered me a £54 refund from £708 paid. First, I contacted CAB who advised to write to them stating if I didn't receive a refund I would be pursuing them in County Court. They didn't reply so I paid £60 through the Money Claim Online website, to start proceedings, they again offered £54, which I refused so a hearing date was set for 22nd June 2015, I had to pay a further £80. NSB did not submit a defence, they did not attend court. I won my case and the judge ordered they refund all my money plus my £140 costs and my loss of earnings for the day plus my travel for a 300 mile round trip, total £1,033!!!! I received a cheque from NSB on 7th July 2015, for the full amount which has now cleared!!! ha ha !!! I would urge anyone who has been scammed by this unscrupulous company to follow this line of recovery, as they rely on you not pursuing them and they get away scot free with your money. Sure they have terms and conditions, but their terms and conditions are UNFAIR!!!! On this basis I won my case.

Anyone considering booking with Next Step Beauty part with your money at your own peril!!!!

I am considering my refund as a victory for the little people!!!!! :)

Hi guys,

Next Step Beauty cancelled my pedicure course and are now refusing to issue me a full refund as they claim I accessed online training matierials.
Has anyone else had the same or similar problems with this company?
I have now got tradin standards involved but it looks as if I might end up taking them to the small claims court. I wondered if any of you had success in reclaiming a full refund?

Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

April
Hi,

Please see my post below :p

Reactions: LCB
Well done to you!!! Big hugs! :D

Weldone glad you got your money back and the much deserved extra! I have just completed my training. I must say although I can't fault the actual trainer who was a lovely lady and helped as much as she could, I was called both days to come in for a half day instead of the full and finished early too! I was the only one on my waxing course which I think they would have cancelled again if I hadn't kicked up such a stink over it on the phone and told them ill find a model if it meant i could do the training. Was only 2 of us on the In head massage (course lasted just 2 hours! ) then when I phoned to ask about my certificate I have to pay £10 each if I want them printed. My intimate waxing was cancelled 2 months ago and they can't offer me a new date yet. So I've had to book elsewhere as I need it for work. I will be writing my review today but wouldn't be surprised if they delete it straight away like they do.

Hi,
I have just taken Next Step Beauty to the County Court and won!!!! I booked 4 courses back in August 2014 they were cancelled 3 times in a row. They offered me a £54 refund from £708 paid. First, I contacted CAB who advised to write to them stating if I didn't receive a refund I would be pursuing them in County Court. They didn't reply so I paid £60 through the Money Claim Online website, to start proceedings, they again offered £54, which I refused so a hearing date was set for 22nd June 2015, I had to pay a further £80. NSB did not submit a defence, they did not attend court. I won my case and the judge ordered they refund all my money plus my £140 costs and my loss of earnings for the day plus my travel for a 300 mile round trip, total £1,033!!!! I received a cheque from NSB on 7th July 2015, for the full amount which has now cleared!!! ha ha !!! I would urge anyone who has been scammed by this unscrupulous company to follow this line of recovery, as they rely on you not pursuing them and they get away scot free with your money. Sure they have terms and conditions, but their terms and conditions are UNFAIR!!!! On this basis I won my case.

Anyone considering booking with Next Step Beauty part with your money at your own peril!!!!

I am considering my refund as a victory for the little people!!!!! :)[/QUOTE

Hi I know this was a while ago, but I am in the same situation, I just wanted to ask did you access their online portal???

Thanks

Hi I know this was a while ago, but I am in the same situation, I just wanted to ask did you access their online portal???

Thanks

Thanks

Just to let you know that the poster you’ve quoted has been absent from this website since 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back