NFH contract help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x-jess-x

Reaction score
:irked: i have recently come out of a full time job (hairdressing) and started mobile, it is going well considering the quiet period after xmas and the 'credit crunch', but my contract is very tight in means of advertising and promoting myself i.e - i am not able to advertise in any media where my name or photograph is used, not able to approch clients from the salon or work in 1/2 mile radius of the salon. (This might not seem far but live in a very small community) Basically i would like to do some type of advertising to really boost my buisness without stepping on my previous employers toes. thanks! xx

You can get a free half an hour session with a solicitor for advise on this or go to the citizens advise,
these types of contracts can usually be broken, as 1 they are not legal and 2 no one is allowed to stand in the way of you earning a living,
check it out hun, you may be surprised hth :hug:

i have spoken to a friend who is a solicitor, and he has said to just carry on, but just a bit unsure as it is a contract produced by the national federation of hairdressers. would that make a differnce? thanks

When you say you can't use your name does this include your business name ?

i have spoken to a friend who is a solicitor, and he has said to just carry on, but just a bit unsure as it is a contract produced by the national federation of hairdressers. would that make a differnce? thanks

I don't think it makes any difference,
if a solicitor has told you to go ahead and advertise then do so,
as it stands at the moment your previous employer is affecting your right to earn a living,
i would do my advertising as and where i wanted to hth :hug:

im not sure it just states 'your name or photograph'.

Well I would go ahead and advertise under your business name whatever that be and not include a picture for the time being, how long do these conditions apply for ?

6 months. thanks

Latest posts

Back